• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quakes

Power Loss Starter Motor Please Advise

Guest Quakes

Right ive tried the search but this dosent seem to be covered so i was hoping i could list my faults and someone tell me how stupid i am and that its something really simple :)

Here goes

Car was fine till the thermostat housing started gushing water out

1. Starter Motor engages when ignition is on ( sniped wire and connected to switch in cabin for time being )

2. Missfires tottaly when accelarator is more than half down. sort of burring noise.

3.On ignition the fuel pump used to make a sort of pressurising noise before i started the car now its constant. and fuel return is sending alot of petrol back ( im guessing thats because the car believes its trying to start. (starter motor unwired ) )

4. if i disconnect 1 of the 4 negetive leads going into the amp. the starter motor dosent come on in ignition yet it comes on when i turn the key then stays on.

5. flashing headlights cuts out stereo / having lights on lowered the petrol gauge.

6. Idles at 2000

I replaced the loom bit from brown multiplug on and no change but atleast ive got all my gauges now :).

Any advice would be great as its going in for a tune tommorow and i dont really want to pay him 30quid to set it up if its all wrong

Cheers Guys Jono

Sign in to follow this