• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest abbat

1.1 Engine Swap To Something Better

Guest abbat

Hello guys,

Recently I had bought 205 1987 year with 1.1 TU engine Solex carb OHV.

Can u tell me what engine I can swap without a lot of modification.

I was thinking about 1.9 ,but engine mounts are totaly different a lot of work to do..

Maybe 1.3 Rallye engine will be with the same engine mounts?

The both engines are TU series.

Please reply.

timmsy19

alrite mate check out this topic:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...opic=53304&st=0

i recently had the same thought with my 1.0 came to the conclution that if you stick with a tu engine its alot easier to do. if you change to a 1.9 injecton from a carbed engine you will have to change the engine amnagement aswel. it can be done but if you want a quick light car go for a tu3s or 1.3 rallye engine and gear box i belive it just mats to the exsisting exhust system and everything else.

Edited by timmsy19

Guest abbat
alrite mate check out this topic:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...opic=53304&st=0

i recently had the same thought with my 1.0 came to the conclution that if you stick with a tu engine its alot easier to do. if you change to a 1.9 injecton from a carbed engine you will have to change the engine amnagement aswel. it can be done but if you want a quick light car go for a tu3s or 1.3 rallye engine and gear box i belive it just mats to the exsisting exhust system and everything else.

Thank u Timmsy.

Yeah when u swap TU to XU u need not only engine mounts swap, but + electronic swap, nothing difficult there ,but a lot of work to do..

1.3 rallye is a great engine, but the one problem is still exist is to find one of them..

Why are u thinking about 1.4?

It is not so good I think, nothing to modify there.This engine will be still for fuel economy, not for driving...

timmsy19

the reason i would go for a 1.4 is that the 1.3 rallye is hard to find over here and the xu engine are heavy.

i believe the uk spec 1.4 tu3s engine is the higher spec of the 1.4's which combined with the xs gearbox makes for faster acceleration and im told it will keep up with a 1.6gti untill u get to certain speed

Sandy

A tuned 1.4 TU engine is a great unit. Widely ignored and underestimated.

timmsy19

if you speak to stu-woac on here he has a tuned 1.4 tu3s not sure what the power is tho

Guest abbat
if you speak to stu-woac on here he has a tuned 1.4 tu3s not sure what the power is tho

Hmm..yesu right here in Latvia the rallye engine is hard to find too.

But never thinking about 1.4 u get me the idea...

I definetly must see 1.4 engine tomorow :)

macaroni
A tuned 1.4 TU engine is a great unit. Widely ignored and underestimated.

Amen to that!!

timmsy19
Hmm..yesu right here in Latvia the rallye engine is hard to find too.

But never thinking about 1.4 u get me the idea...

I definetly must see 1.4 engine tomorow :)

go for it mate. alot of peple under estimate the 1.4xs engine. if you do decide to go for a 1.4 make sure its a tu3s engine as the tu3a has a diffrent carb and cams.

the 1360 tu3s engine has 85bhp. where as the 1360tu3a has 75bhp

stu_woac

and the tu3s and xs box will make you the same speed as the 1.6 gti

I've proven this many of times one not so long ago in my missus roland garros the gti driver slowed down at 120 to look at my car still hugging his bumper from a standing start to 120 LOL that was fun and that rg is 100% standard

my red xs on the other hand does this to my friends mi16 powered 205 alot to LOL

christopher
Hello guys,

Recently I had bought 205 1987 year with 1.1 TU engine Solex carb OHV.

Can u tell me what engine I can swap without a lot of modification.

I was thinking about 1.9 ,but engine mounts are totaly different a lot of work to do..

Maybe 1.3 Rallye engine will be with the same engine mounts?

The both engines are TU series.

Please reply.

I can't really comment on a 1360 XS beacuse I haven't owned one...But The gearbox ration on a Euro Rallye and a XS is the same actually..The euro Rallye just has a strengthend Diff

The euro Rallye (1294cc TU24) in "standard" form actually is a little slower to 60mph then a 1.6 Gti but is faster to the quarter mile...amazingly enough.. :)

Edited by christopher

Sign in to follow this