• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sub205

New Plasma-display Under Work

Guest andy309goodwood

sorry mate but what do you mean buy a finished plasma dial ?

sub205
sorry mate but what do you mean buy a finished plasma dial ?

i'm talking about the dials companies offer... you can order them, they send them to you, you remove your old scales and put the new ones in... just the foils. printing them myself is not as simple as you may think.

first, black from a laserprinter on a foil is not really black, some light will shine trough, even if you take 2 printed foils and put them over each other. second, i cant print white, so there are clear areas (the parts where the numbers and lines are.)

i think my technical english is good, but sorry, this rather special words are a bit complicated for me :angry:

Guest andy309goodwood

sorry im not really following i thought the digital disply in the middle of the one in the picture is in kph i was woundering if you would be able to make one in mph

sub205
sorry im not really following i thought the digital disply in the middle of the one in the picture is in kph i was woundering if you would be able to make one in mph

oh ok, sorry, i misunderstood.

it is only a question of software. i've got a constant that is used to calculate the value of the display, no problem to change it, i'll just have to recalculate. this constant is also used for calibration, e.g. different tires and cars.

Guest andy309goodwood

wow cool

so if i gave you the rim and tyre size youd be able to build a more accurate speedo

if all is well and your able to buid a plug in unit i geuss its time to go to pm's and finalis a price

Sign in to follow this