• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jim205GTI

Bumper Removal

jim205GTI

Welll i finally got round to taking of my grotty cracked old front bumper but then this idiot realised that he forgot to get the parts which hold the bumper to the metal support bars :lol: eurocar parts aren't that clear on which parts they sell for it on their site anyone recommend anyone who would be open tommorow where i could get some............. :) got the clips for the bumper to valance just need the bolts ..... i feel a little bit stupid now :D

rossimura

I use cable ties to hold my front bumper on, I loop them through the holes in the wings, and the metal brackets on the front.

They dont rust and I can remove the front bumper in about 1 1/2 minutes with a set of cable cutters :lol:

If you want fasterners (bolts) try a local hardware merchants... also get stainless ones so they dont rust, they only cost a few pennies more.

jim205GTI

hmm that wasn't a bad idea wish i had checked earlier......... manged to get most the stuff anywas and now my bumper is on and looks better :)

Guest Andy205GTX

Out of interest, did you get any new bolts/brackets etc? if so where did you get them from?

Cheers

Andy

jim205GTI

it was a mix really got some parts from a dealers and some of the bolts from a hardware store. The four bumper bolts ( the ones with plastic rectangles on the end) were from pug as were the long metal inserts for the side of the bumper, with the rubber covers for the nuts which bolt the side to the brackets from the car B) however pug didn't have the bolts which went into these so i used a couple of 25mm M8 bolts which worked fine :P

Sign in to follow this