• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

My Car Hates Me :(

ashley peddle
lucky we now have a huge stack of insulating tape in the workshop now after a bulk buy on ebay lol - now just need more zip ties! ;)

unfortunatly my ebay fettish kicked in last week and i ordered LOADS of them too :D look on the bright side - we will never run out of cable ties or electrical tape or latex gloves ;)

James_R

Think it might be that the bodies need balancing and the TPS needs resetting.

Anthony
Think it might be that the bodies need balancing and the TPS needs resetting.

'Bodies were slightly out of balance as it happens (Kate got them checked and corrected earlier) and that's improved the idle even more so apparently. Main cause was the ECU temp sensor connection being damaged and making bad contact, and I assume the out of balance 'bodies was where the extra air for the high idle speed was coming from....

kate205gti
'Bodies were slightly out of balance as it happens (Kate got them checked and corrected earlier) and that's improved the idle even more so apparently. Main cause was the ECU temp sensor connection being damaged and making bad contact, and I assume the out of balance 'bodies was where the extra air for the high idle speed was coming from....

^^ james corrected them actually :D:) (thankyou james!!!) slightly out of balance is a bit of an understatement! - 3 were running at 10 and one was running at 2 :) explains why it wouldnt idle at all when it warmed up and spat big popping flames out the zaust lol! is now an even 6 on all 4 cylinders and purrs like a kitten :D cant even hear it when you sat at traffic lights.. till u hit the bwarrrp pedal :P

the high idle speed was coming from the ecu temp sensor wire not the unbalanced bodies - and it wasnt damage it was disconnected!! once i soldered that in no more high idle :)

James_R

Just got to play swap the injectors next week now, then can go see uncle Dave again (or put some 270 cams in first :))

Sign in to follow this