• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jacobs53

I Can Confirm That The Standard Tu3s Engine Will Rev To 7000rpm

jacobs53

Done a dyno run today on the rolling road, in my ax gt incarod. It produced a disapointing 60bhp at the fly first run... so got rid of the vacuum advance mechcanism, and wound the dizzy up for maximum advance. Produced 87.4bhp @6500rpm and 94 N/M of torque @ 3200rpm. But the intresting thing is that the engine will rev all the way to 7000rpm without missing a beat, only at around 7100 - 7200 the valves start to bounce.

Hoping for 95bhp at the fly, on a standard engine, I think personnaly its possible.

il keep you updated

lee

DaveW

thats pritty good! tho i dont like taking it to 7k tho...

jacobs53

theres no more power produced after 6500rpm, so no point to be honest... But its intresting to know that the power output only slowly declines... 7000rpm produces 86.1bhp.

You know when you have hit 7200rpm as the fuel starts to come back out of the carburetor :s due to the valves bouncing.

Il get the printouts and il do another monday and get a video, the noise is incredable, with the straight through-out exhaust and no air filter!

lee

christopher

I'm sure it will rev to 7000 rpm. But higher rpm does not mean higher figures with a standard cam. AFAIK all 205 TU's have a fairly soft spring all but the TU24..I take mine daily to 7k...

Edited by christopher

macaroni

I take mine to 7000rpm daily too, with standard valve springs.

Interesting what you said about the ignition timing Lee as mine prefers a lot of advance at idle.

Have you left yours with full advance? Doesn't it pink?

jacobs53

this isn't a road car! And it doens't have the vacuum advance mechcanism on the dizzy.

Its set to produce maximum power between 5000 - 6500rpm, it idles like a bag of nails but it doens't matter doesn't get below 3000rpm anyway

But higher rpm does not mean higher figures with a standard cam

I did mention before that there was no more power produced after 6500rpm.... so no point in going past there. But these engines are very well balanced, to be able to cope with constant high revs for long periods. I did 10 dyno runs all past 7000rpm

lee

Sign in to follow this