• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Weber Dgas Can Work On A Tu!

macaroni

Since fitting a Weber 38DGAS to my 205xs about a year ago, I have had trouble eliminating a nasty flatspot.

Many people said that it was simply too big a carb for a 1.4 engine, but I perservered with it, mainly because I had sold my Solex carb, but also because it gave a great power increase.

After fitting a 4 branch manifold and 279 duration cam, the flat spot has completely gone and it now pulls very strongly from 2000rpm and really flies above 5000.

I am not sure which mod cured the flatspot as I only drove the car 4 miles with the exhaust on before the head gasket went and the cam got fitted.

So, to anyone thinking of putting a 38DGAS on a TU engine - it can be done!

Rippthrough
Since fitting a Weber 38DGAS to my 205xs about a year ago, I have had trouble eliminating a nasty flatspot.

Many people said that it was simply too big a carb for a 1.4 engine, but I perservered with it, mainly because I had sold my Solex carb, but also because it gave a great power increase.

After fitting a 4 branch manifold and 279 duration cam, the flat spot has completely gone and it now pulls very strongly from 2000rpm and really flies above 5000.

I am not sure which mod cured the flatspot as I only drove the car 4 miles with the exhaust on before the head gasket went and the cam got fitted.

So, to anyone thinking of putting a 38DGAS on a TU engine - it can be done!

Probably the manifold. Nice to here it though :wacko:

DaveW

ooh i better get some mods done then :wacko:

Sign in to follow this