• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSL 333

Spare Wires Under Dash

Guest TSL 333

As above again.

These appear to be standard Peugeot wires and nothing to do with the removed security. The simply found the wires when I removed parts of the dash to allow removal of the security.

I have a spare yellow wire with connector to the RHS of the dash clocks. I traced this back and it appears to join the loom that connects into the back of the dash clocks. What is th yellow wire for - a dagnostic or something?

Secondly, I have another spare wire on the RHS at low level and this time it is brown. Again, it is not connected to anything and I was wondering where it should go.

Finally, there is a red and a yelllow wire that goes into a plug/ connector roughly where the stereo wires are. Agai this does nt go anywhere and I suspect it may be for the cigarrete lighter but the patterns do not light up - the red/ yellow plug has the connectors at 90 degrees and the cigarette lighter conectors are parallel.

I do not know what the previous owner did to this car but som of the wiring was a disaster - I have got most of the stuff sorted but these ones are annoying me. Any help would be appreciated.

Betst regards, :)

Edited by TSL 333

M@tt

if you can get some wire numbers off the ends of the wires(assuming they havent been chopped) we could probably tell you what they are for.

the yellow one to the right hand side of the clocks may be the redundant choke wire which i found fitted to mine when i removed the dash

apart from that it's a bit of a lottery without numbers. That said is there anything that doesn't work in the area of where you found the wires as that might give you a clue :)

stereo region could be fag lighter or clock??

Guest smokinslim
I do not know what the previous owner did to this car but som of the wiring was a disaster

Peugeot wiring's not exactly a picture anyway.

Matt's right tho, numbers are your best bet.

Edited by smokinslim

Guest TSL 333

Cheers guys - I will have a look at the weekend. I also think that the yellow one could be for a choke, the yellow/ red one for the fag lighter (the clock works/ the fag lighter does not) however I am still at a bit of a loss regarding the brown one - any suggestions before I confirm wire numbers?

Guest TSL 333
if you can get some wire numbers off the ends of the wires(assuming they havent been chopped) we could probably tell you what they are for.

the yellow one to the right hand side of the clocks may be the redundant choke wire which i found fitted to mine when i removed the dash

apart from that it's a bit of a lottery without numbers. That said is there anything that doesn't work in the area of where you found the wires as that might give you a clue ;)

stereo region could be fag lighter or clock??

I have those wire numbers:

The yellow wire on the RHS, nest to where the choke would be is yellow 75. The car does not have a choke.

The central double multi plug wires, located next to the stereo wires are red 27A and yellow 27J. The fag lighter is currently not connected up - the ouble multi plug does not fit into the back of the fag lighter.

The brown left hand side one adjascent to the fuse box is brown 6J. The heater does not work?

What is what then. :D

M@tt

the two 27 wires are for the heater blower

they should plug into the bottom of the blower in the passenger footwell

75 is the choke wire ignore it

cant find 6j on the wiring diagram at the moment

Guest smokinslim

That one slipped by haynes i think. Gotta strip my dash soon, i'll see what i did with 6j last time i was playing in there.

Guest TSL 333
the two 27 wires are for the heater blower

they should plug into the bottom of the blower in the passenger footwell

75 is the choke wire ignore it

cant find 6j on the wiring diagram at the moment

Matt,

Thanks - I had checked my Haynes manual as well but could not make sense of it. For example one of the references was to headlamp relays........... Anyway, I have now pluged the red/ yellow (27's) into the blower motor and it all fits fine. Unfortunately the blower still does not work -any suggestions? - I have checked the fuses and they seem fine. I suppose the fact that the multi plug has been removed in the past may suggest that there is another problem. Does the motor pack in on these cars and if so is it easy enough to replace?

BTW, I showed my wife and brother (co-owner of the PUG) your picture and caption 'I have a cunning plan.' Absolutely hilarious mate!!! What is even more hilarious is that my brother seriously asked if that is what you looked like!!!!!!! I informed him that I had received an e-mail at work and this picture was on it and so we are assuming you do not look like that in real life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You never know though - that has to be someone!!! Please come up with a cunning plan to fix my heater!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

M@tt

i would first of all check that you are getting power to those 2 wires if you've got a multimeter (£5 from maplins if not) bridge the 2 pins on the connector and set it to reads volts and then turn the blower switch to full power and check that the multimeter is registering voltage across it . that way you can determine whether the wiring is to fault or the blower.

as for replacing you would need to remove the hole heater/blower assembly i think and i'm sure you can do this without removing the dash(might be wrong though) it held on by a few nuts.

i'll have a look at mine today and take a few pics for you

Guest TSL 333
i would first of all check that you are getting power to those 2 wires if you've got a multimeter (£5 from maplins if not) bridge the 2 pins on the connector and set it to reads volts and then turn the blower switch to full power and check that the multimeter is registering voltage across it . that way you can determine whether the wiring is to fault or the blower.

as for replacing you would need to remove the hole heater/blower assembly i think and i'm sure you can do this without removing the dash(might be wrong though) it held on by a few nuts.

i'll have a look at mine today and take a few pics for you

Cheers Matt - I knew you would have a cuning plan!! I am away to wash my Scooby, the I will have a look. A fancy muli - meter - nah.....another electical component with a few wires will do!!!

Regards,

M@tt

with regards to the blower i've had a look today and you can actually just remove the blower on its own if it is shagged an needs replacing

It's held on with some little clips all the way round it, just undo those and it should drop off.

HPIM0984Medium.jpg

Guest TSL 333

Thanks Matt. I did not get the chance today and so will maybee have a better look during the week if it is still light enough when I get home from work. If the motor is gubbed, there are 4 205's in the scrappy and so I will take my pick!!!

Guest TSL 333

I have just tested the red/ yellow supply to the fan motor (where it connects in the passengers footwell) and there is no power at that point. Any ideas?

Guest TSL 333
I have just tested the red/ yellow supply to the fan motor (where it connects in the passengers footwell) and there is no power at that point. Any ideas?

I also just ran a temporary power supply direct from the battery and touched the brown an black wires that connect to the red and yellow wires at the fan motor. The fan started up!!! (Quite noisy though) So I suppose the motor works fine bu the feed is not working??? Any ideas then lads?

Sign in to follow this