• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bitchass 205

1.9 Wheels On At 1.6 Gti

bitchass 205

I changed my wheels, 1.6, to the nicer 1.9 wheels and i now have a problem. When i had the 1.6 wheels on the brakes were spot on, nice and firm and instant stopping. Now, however, after fitting some 1.9 alloys, the brake peddle wobbles and it doesn't feel as if its stopping very well.

Why should this be happening and what is the solution?

Radster

Do the wheels have any flat spots in them? balanced correctly?

Rad

bitchass 205
Do the wheels have any flat spots in them? balanced correctly?

Rad

wheels have no flat spots, but they aren't balanced yet.

timmsy19

sorry have to add these are my wheels that he has on they arnt balanced yet. ive got his 1.6 alloys on my base model and all was fine yesterday. up untill i picked up the mrs from work 2day. Now when i go round a right turn the left hand side feels like its rubbing or something. ive checked for clearence and its all fine i thought it could be something to do with the rear beam gone maybe. its never happened before when i had the 1.9 alloys on and was fine yesterday.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome :)

Graham(bitchass 205's brother) :)

Edited by timmsy19

casnell
sorry have to add these are my wheels that he has on they arnt balanced yet. ive got his 1.6 alloys on my base model and all was fine yesterday. up untill i picked up the mrs from work 2day. Now when i go round a right turn the left hand side feels like its rubbing or something. ive checked for clearence and its all fine i thought it could be something to do with the rear beam gone maybe. its never happened before when i had the 1.9 alloys on and was fine yesterday.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome :)

Graham(bitchass 205's brother) :(

Swap them back and see what happens...

Sign in to follow this