• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sanchez

Number Plates

Sanchez

This may seem like a trivial thing but I'm getting new number plates for my car tomorrow and I'm not really sure which one to go for. Basically my choices are the standard plain white on the front and yellow on the back or the same but with the euro stars and GB on (with the blue background obviously). They will be on a totally standard 1.6 Graphite Grey GTI. What are everyoe views? Are the euro ones a bit boy racerish or do you think they will look okay?

sonofsam

I'd go for plain myself,guess the euro/GB effect may look a little bit cluttered,could'nt tell for sure

as i have never really looked into it.

Find some pictures,may sway your judgement

Jonmurgie

I prefer the totally plain looking late, no euro symbol or any fancy font... ideally without the postcode thing on the bottom, so I usueally end up ordering plates from www.fancyplates.co.uk and they come as plain as you like :)

Alastairh

New plates make the world of a difference

After

DSC01272.sized.jpg

Before

P1010006.sized.jpg

Alastair

Edited by Alastairh

Foltan

so does fitting the driving lights! :)

the only advantage of the GB is that i dont think you have to have a ponsy sticker on your car, which could be useful if you take it abroad much.

Ahl
I prefer the totally plain looking late, no euro symbol or any fancy font... ideally without the postcode thing on the bottom, so I usueally end up ordering plates from www.fancyplates.co.uk and they come as plain as you like :)

As above.

I used to like the little flags and stuff on number plates, but prefer just plain these days. Your choice of course though. :(

Sanchez

Thanks for all the replies guys. Think I'm going to stick to the plain number plate. Perhaps if I had a Miami GTI I might go with the euro as it would compliment the car more. Still like the euro ones but think plain will suite it better :)

Veero

Personally I would go for the GB ones, partly to avoid having to have a sticker on, but partly beacuse they just look better and a re a little more up to date.

Veero

mareksio

I bought a set of the plain ones recently, mainly because it allowed me to trim down the front one so it fitted in the recess in the bumper. Did number plates get longer at some point in time, or did they never fit 205s correctly??

jackherer
I bought a set of the plain ones recently, mainly because it allowed me to trim down the front one so it fitted in the recess in the bumper. Did number plates get longer at some point in time, or did they never fit 205s correctly??

the cut out on the front bumper is for a french number plate :):(

alexi

its a euro car, stick the euro look plates on it, it completes the package, this is my humble oppinion.

EnglishRob

On the front I have a plain white background with a red line border, and IIRC, 3D writing too.

I do like the idea of trimming the number plates down so they fit. I might try that one <_<

Rob

j_turnell

I got these today, standard font with the GB sign and a web address at the bottom, only cost £7 the pair so happy with that, makes the car look much better as my old ones had let water in and looked crap.

Pic363.sized.jpg

tom_m

cut em down as small as you can get away with <_< thats the best look IMO -_-

Richie

I just ordered a set of GB ones myself, do think they make a nice difference :wacko:

EnglishRob

Actually I think a number plate on the valance does look good.

I had mine on the bumper but it fell off (was stuck on with Halfords 1mm sticky pads).

Is there any other good ways of sticking a number plate on without using screws?

Rob

Frequentflyer
This may seem like a trivial thing but I'm getting new number plates for my car tomorrow and I'm not really sure which one to go for. Basically my choices are the standard plain white on the front and yellow on the back or the same but with the euro stars and GB on (with the blue background obviously). They will be on a totally standard 1.6 Graphite Grey GTI. What are everyoe views? Are the euro ones a bit boy racerish or do you think they will look okay?

Much prefer standard UK plates, partly because I would prefer the UK to stay outside of too close integration in the EU, inc all the EU rules and regulations!

DaveW

205_Drivers_National_Meet_.jpg

yeah it does look better :)

Anthony

I think the Euro style plates make the car look a little more modern, especially with Phase 2 stuff on it. Also has the other advantage of if you're planning on taking the car over the channel then you don't need to stick a GB sticker on it.

Ahl
205_Drivers_National_Meet_.jpg

yeah it does look better :)

It looks rubbish to me! :ph34r:

But I see what you mean. I figure if they had made a recess for the plate and put it on the valance as standard, it would look better than being halfway up the car on the bumper.

Sign in to follow this