• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jackherer

Xu9j4 Throttle Body Gasket

jackherer

Ive been told by two pug dealers that the throttle body to inlet manifold gasket for the Mi16 has been discontinued. Does anyone know anywhere else I can get one?

KRISKARRERA

What exactly is it made from? Hard to tell quite what mine was. Looked like a cross between rubber and cardboard or maybe the years of heat have made it like that! I wonder if that instant gasket stuff would be sufficient?

C_W

It's quite a durable gasket as far as card-like gaskets go, I've had my throttle body off loads of times and always reused it. Sealant should be ok there as there should be any fuel there and minimal oil.

Redtop
It's quite a durable gasket as far as card-like gaskets go, I've had my throttle body off loads of times and always reused it. Sealant should be ok there as there should be any fuel there and minimal oil.

x2 and if you really wanted a gasket as well as instant gasket just cut a template out of a corn flake box, but the instant gasket should be enough.

jackherer

Ive reused them countless times on standard tbs but this one has been used with an audi/vw throttle body and its ended up in several parts. I'll give citroen a go and if they cant help I'll cut some gasket card or cornflakes box card up I suppose.

Miles

They normally come in a Gasket set, I;ve got loads I think so let me know if you need one

Sign in to follow this