• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quakes

Replacing My Engine

Guest Quakes

Ok almost done now driveshafts gear linkage suspension wheels half the loom half the pipes are on. Really wish i had labeled the wires.

On the back of the engine theres a 3 way pipe cooling thing side one goes to the radiator front left to the matrix anyone know where the middle one goes ? getting very confused. do the injector leads have a special order to go on? and is instant gasget enuff to seal the inlet manifold or do i need a proper gasget?

and ive lost the wires to the sensors under the inlet lol should only be a bit an hour left its gonna be a week at this rate never mind back to work ;)

also cheers again higgy for the engine. hope it runs as sweet as you said :)

Cheers Jono

Guest Quakes

;)

Ive almost finished putting it all together now most the pipes the wiring all that but i connected the clutch cable back up yesturday to find that

the clutch pedal is working as normal but it dosent sound to be doing anything the gears are just as hard and noisy to engage as with the clutch pedal out

im guessing ive put the round thing thats inside the bell housing on wrongly if this is the case does the gear box have to come back off or can this be sorted from the inspection plate bit of a long shot i know but i cant face taking the gearbox off and a garage will prolly charge the same as an engine change to do it ;)

cheers Jono

jack biscuit

clutch release bearing on back to front? i don't think you can get at it through the inspection port besides... the bearing is on the shaft and that shaft will be in the clutch plate, you can't get the bearing off.. but you could just support the box on a jack and birdmouth it

Sign in to follow this