• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest SKoob

Car Feels Unstable

Guest SKoob

A little help is needed here guys,

Right I was driving the car last night and it seemed to pull to the left slightly regardless of whether I was accelerating or not, the steering felt heavier to steer to the right and it just generally felt very twitchy at 70 :blush: the steering wheel however was not vibrating and it seemed to sort its self out after a few corners, its been doing it on and off since I've had the car, it seems to brake in a straightline and most of the time accelerate in a straightline, but it doesn't seem to castor properly all the time :) .

I'm guessing its something wishbone related, or a sticking brake caliper, anyother ideas?

ashley peddle

mine used to do this - wouldnt feel safe over 80ish... i had the steering rack replaced and it made me much more confident at speed... i found the car wondered from lane to lane with me holding the wheel straight before i had it replaced :blush:

notamondayfan

could be nackered lower arms. when mine went, the car would almost veer off to the side, kinda gave the feeling of sliding.

jack your car up so ur front wheels are off the ground, then c if theres any play with wheels by grabbing the top and bottom of the tyre and rotating it back and forth. if theres any play, then ur arms are probably shot.

Guest smokinslim

Or just the bushes... much cheaper than replacing wishbones if the ball joints r still good

Adam B

Id also jack up the rear and see if you can find any play in the beam. You can get interesting rear steer if the beam isn't good. Also look at the back of the car from a distance and make sure the wheels are parallel and have no camber.

Could be the wishbone bushes as they go fairly regularly, normally get movement on/off power though.

I'd also check the tyre pressures first of all though

Guest SKoob

:wacko:-->

QUOTE(Adam B @ Feb 22 2006, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd also check the tyre pressures first of all though

First thing I checked :wacko: I'll have a look tomorrow, cheers for the help guys :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this