• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
d-9

Kms Lambda Sensor

d-9

Im still waiting on my KMS lambda sensor, mine is somewhere apparently! Does anyone have one I could borrow for a few days to map the fueling?

PLEASE :wacko:

(Anyone in the west/southwest/reading area...or just anywhere really!)

maxi
Im still waiting on my KMS lambda sensor, mine is somewhere apparently! Does anyone have one I could borrow for a few days to map the fueling?

PLEASE :wacko:

(Anyone in the west/southwest/reading area...or just anywhere really!)

You STILL dont have it??? Matt is normally so quick and supplies things straight away! :)

I expect the dutch boys have been smoking too much reefa again! :)

Does it have to be a KMS lambda or could you get one from the scrappies that uses the same values?? I know KMS is designed around VAG setups so one from a 20v turbo might do the deal??

Maxi

d-9

Ive got the ecus, and link loom but im waiting for the wideband lambda sensor so I can map the fueling. Needs to be a wideband lambda sensor, normal ones just detect "rich, lean, ok", but potentially a turbo car could have a wideband sensor as standard so mgiht be worth a try.

Not going into the details here, will post if/when I finally lose it and give up totally on the order. To give Matt his due hes been very helpful, but its taken a hell of a lot of phone calls so far and the order i was promised in 2 days has taken 2 weeks so far.

DrSeuss

the 20v turbo's have a wb02 sensor, probably bosch. But its less then useless without the controller (the bit which costs).

btw, if its based on that, what Matt said about the speed of response is toss. Innovate use the same sensor.

rich_w

While talking to the KMS guys last year @ the autosport show, they used some add on box to make the lambda data 'usable' - a std lambda wasn't up to the job.

d-9

*Throws toys out of pram*

Mattsav

Sorry but we've lost a large box of bits somewhere between Holland and the UK.

I've given up on it turning up and re ordered and will let you know as soon as they come in.

The sensor is a std Bosch unit, its the controller thats the clever bit.

If they're not here tomorrow then I'll take the sensor off my car and lend you that until they arrive.

maxi
Sorry but we've lost a large box of bits somewhere between Holland and the UK.

I've given up on it turning up and re ordered and will let you know as soon as they come in.

The sensor is a std Bosch unit, its the controller thats the clever bit.

If they're not here tomorrow then I'll take the sensor off my car and lend you that until they arrive.

Knew there would be a simple explanation, Matts customer service is always 100% !

Maxi

d-9

ahh you legend, cheers matt :lol:

Sign in to follow this