• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Removed Horn Relay

M@tt

in my wiring bash today i couldn't for the life of me today ge tthe horn to pissing work as the wiring diagrams suggested just one wire from the fusebox to the horn but in reality(after about 30 mins of striupping back the loom) i found it went via one of those 3 realys on the bulk head, well i kept testing it but i couldn't get it to work, in hindsite it was because i didn't have a constant feed one of the pins which actually makes the horn sound when the horn button is pressed. so i bypassed the relay permanently.

is this likely to cause me any problems? i'm a bit of a wiring numpty :)

DaveW

im not sure, wont the horn get stuck on maybe? :)

M@tt

i dont think so cos basically the power comes into the control stalk and when you press the horn it goes out the wire to the horn making it sound "BARP" where as previously it went to a relay which opened letting a feed direct from the battery go to the horn thus creating the "BARP" :)

it's all 12v wiring so i can't see the problem but that's my very simplistic view and probably totally incorrect, but because multiple things run off the power into the control stalk it may be a bit quiet with everything on but to be fair it sounded loud enough even with lights and wiper on

Edited by M@tt

DaveW

buy some air horns :)

jackherer

without a relay there will be too much load on the wiring, I'm surprised it hasn't blown the fuse tbh.

CaM

will burn out the switch prematurely.

just grab an aftermarket universal relay and wire that up if you don't want to go thru the stansard route

M@tt

cheers guys

bollocks bollocks bollocks

looks like i'll be re putting in the wires i ripped out yesterday

what a nob head :)

Sign in to follow this