• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ajones12

1.9gti Throttle Body

ajones12

Following on from my previous thread on throttle body hoses. I have taken a picture of how I have it at the moment, not necessarily correct - this is why I need your help.

Currently the hose ringed with the red goes to the expansion tank, the green one from the engine (head?) and the small diameter hose ringed blue goes err nowhere!

What is it supposed to look like? And what goes on the spare spigot??

Car is a standard 'H' plate 1.9 Gti.

DSCF0352coloured.jpg

Richie-Van-GTi

The 2 coolant hoses are right, that smaller hose you have circled should go to the distributer vac advance thing.

ajones12
The 2 coolant hoses are right, that smaller hose you have circled should go to the distributer vac advance thing.

What's the distributor vac advance? And what about the spare spigot?

ashlee205gti

Nothing goes on it. Its the same on mine, The vacumn advance it on the underneath of the dizzy cap. A mirror and torch might be needed to find it for the first time.

ajones12
Nothing goes on it. Its the same on mine, The vacumn advance it on the underneath of the dizzy cap. A mirror and torch might be needed to find it for the first time.

Thanks for info, especially the tip about the torch and mirror!! - a guy at work wondered if the car car had the wrong throttle body.

dee205

And lots of carb cleaner around that tb too!

It's fecking stinking!

Sign in to follow this