• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aggs

Suspension Advice

Guest Aggs

Hi been searching site but not finding the info I am looking for.

My 205 has Spax adjustables and lowered rear to match lower ride height.

Car is awsome on A roads and smooth tarmac,but really a bit too firm on B roads and country lanes.

Thinking about puting car back to standard because B roads and country lanes are the roads that are most fun,my Scooby is great on them.

Advice on alternative set ups, I do you use the car for occasional trackday so an adustable set up would be useful.

If money no object could ride be good enough to challenge the excellent ride of the Scooby??

Thanks in advance

Guest smokinslim

Have you tried adjusting the dampers to a softer setting, particularly the rears.

If they're already on the softest setting you may want different dampers.

Try searching koni and/or bilstein on the forum, there has been a few topics on here recently that you will probably find very helpful

RobMGti

For a decent adjustable set up at a not to extreme price some members have had good results with GAZ Coilovers.

Personally i dont think they are a patch on the PTS Billstein setup but again its all down to personal taste.

Koni adjustables have also always been held in high regard on the 205.

If money is no object id get a full Leda setup and get the car set up proffesionally so the spring and damping rates match the exact weight of the car with you in it.

I guess it is down to how much you would like to spend

Rob

Edited by RobMGti

jonD6B

In my opinion you would struggle to get the same amount of confidence from driving the 205 compared to the Scooby. My STI gave me masses of reassurance on any surface in almost any condition but it's performance made easy with the Suburu and that's not really what the 205 is about.

Guest Aggs

I have got front on softest setting.

With view to the Scoob it seems to be supple on the bumps yet stiff enough to handle well,was hoping for a 2006 technolgy to be applied to 80 s car to achieve similar result,if you know what I mean??

Are Companies still developing improved kits or are they reproducing parts from the 80 s??

jonD6B
I have got front on softest setting.

With view to the Scoob it seems to be supple on the bumps yet stiff enough to handle well,was hoping for a 2006 technolgy to be applied to 80 s car to achieve similar result,if you know what I mean??

Are Companies still developing improved kits or are they reproducing parts from the 80 s??

If you do a search on suspension on here, I think that you'll find that the general opinion is that 'Spax' suspension generally gives a very harsh ride anyway compared to other makes so perhaps changing to another make would help alot. I think you'll find that to improve the overall handling and quality of the ride you'll need to be looking further than just the shocks aswell, the 205 benefits alot from uprated ARB's also.

veloce200

whats the gap between the rear bumpstop and trailing arm - this will make for a harsh ride if you don't have at least 35mm here.

Sign in to follow this