• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Powers

Dash Flocking

Powers

Hi. Does anyone on here know anywhere that flocks dashes at a reasonable price? I have enquired with a few companies and the cost is ridiculous. An example being £40 just for the dash binnacle!

Cheers.

sonofsam
Hi. Does anyone on here know anywhere that flocks dashes at a reasonable price? I have enquired with a few companies and the cost is ridiculous. An example being £40 just for the dash binnacle!

Cheers.

HHmm thats seems v. expensive.I did toy with the idea about fitting a complete flock top dash ,found a complete one for around 100 quid ish,My girlfreinds sister works in a Fabric shop i have made a few enquirys into buying some flock on a roll..dont know if will come with a sticky backing or how difficult it is to apply to the dash..maybe worth a try though ??

Flock dash found it :)

Sam.

Powers

Cheers. I just want to flock the original dash. Not replace it. You can buy flocking equipment from the US. They use it as camouflage for hunting. It is in spray form that requires several layers.

DrSeuss

When they flock they statically charge all the hairs from the gun and give the dash the reverse polarity to make them all stay on end. Then they coat the dash in glue.

Its not a very durable surface coating. Tends to moult. My mum got in touch with several flocking companies for a piece of artwork. I'd ring up a few industrial flocking places.

I'm also sure i've seen ads for dash flocking on rallyusedparts via one of their trade suppliers.

ashlee205gti

I usually find Max Power magazines and the like are good for stuff like this believe it or not. :) If theres anything 'different' that can be done to cars, it will be advertised in there.

Paintguy
Frost's do a flocking kit, but I've never tried it, so can't comment on the finish it gives.

Hilgie

I wouldn't try it yourself. Have a professional company do it for you.

Sign in to follow this