• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest eddscruff

Squealing Fan

Guest eddscruff

When i crank up the blower in my 205 it squeals like crazy! Bought it new and fit it before christmas.

Any ideas what to do to sort it? Driving me nuts :lol:

richsmells

on the bottom there's a little rubber bung. pull this off and give it a squirt of spray grease inside the blower. Fixed mine! :lol:

Edited by richsmells

Guest smokinslim
When i crank up the blower in my 205 it squeals like crazy! Bought it new and fit it before christmas.

Any ideas what to do to sort it? Driving me nuts :lol:

Does it do it all the time? Mine makes a hell of a noise if i don't turn it up full, it's usually ok on full tho. Gonna try the grease myself when i have time to pull the dash apart again

ellisg

As stated remove the rubber bung in centre of base of fan, no need to remove fan from car and tap with a small socket (not too hard), replace bung and jobs done for 6 months. Takes 30 seconds

Richie

My fans a squeeler too. Excuse my ignorance but which part of the dash has to come off to get to this rubber "bung"? ive never took it apart. Ta

ellisg

No dash removal needed. Get head in passenger footwell with torch and look up, you will see the fan. Bung is in centre of fan (sometimes they are missing). If not its only connected by 3 screws, take it out and have a look

Guest eddscruff

Thanks guys, i'll give that a bash!

richsmells

dont follow the haynes fan removal guide. They make it more complicated than it actually is. Three screws and out it drops.

Sign in to follow this