• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

Wont Start

peter

Replaced my 2.0turbo 8v with a low milage one.After the converson it started first time :huh:

but then on its test run it started to back fire very badly and was missing then cut out and will not start!!

There is no spark!and i dont no why i have replaced 1.the coil pack 2.ignition leads 3.Plugs 4.Crank sensor 5.Battery (well jumped it) I have also checked all the wires earths fuses and sensors im not to sure about the coolant temp sensors tho..And i have changed the tach relay aswell it was occasionaly missing before the engine change so im pretty sure the engine is fine and it is not starting blatently because there is no spark!!! but why it wont spark i dont no :lol:

Thanks

DrSeuss

Do a fault code read mate. Would give you somewhere to start from.

peter

I would if i had acces to that equipment any ideas wear to get it oh and i dont realy no what it is.

Ive replaced the ignition amp aswell just to make sure but still no luck

vikgti

You haven't got a immobiliser fitted have you?

peter

Yes i have but im sure the imobiliser i have prevents the starter from turning but ill by pass it tonight just to make sure.

The only other thing i can think of is there relay next to the ecu (tach relay i think) which i replaced with one from the 406 loom because it did somthing similar before and this seemed to cure the problem but i dont think i can get another one of these to easily.

peter

rite checked it over again last nite and one of coolsnt temp sensors was disconnected (the large brown on) pluged this in but still nothing there are also two white connecters that dont plug into anything one im assuming is the reverse light connector but the other i dont no.

The imobiliser is fine all it does is stop the starter from turning.

Could it be the ecu? or the large relay next to the ecu?

peter

:lol: No one knows then?

I have removed the imobiliser just to make sure but still wont start.

I have fully checked the loom for any loose connections or damage to the wires from the engine bay rite the way through to the brown multi plugs under the dash and every thing is ok.

The only thing that i havent changed is the ecu.however the relay ignition solinoid? i have changed i have the feeling i have replaced it with another faulty one, so i will go to peugeot as soon as i can and get a brand new one.

Im also trying to get hold of some diagnostic equipment so i can get a fault code as Drseus suggested.

Has anyone got any better ideas i know there aren't that mant 2.0 turbo owners around so help would be well apreciated.

Guest smokinslim

Pug fault code readers on ebay!

Cheap as chips on ebay they are mate, think halfords do em fairly cheap too. There should be a dedicated connector on the loom to plug the reader into, not used for anything else. Sticks up near the coil on the tu engine, not sure bout others but somebodies bound ta know.

peter

thanks mate ill buy one even though im convinced its the ecu as i used jump leads once and think it may have spiked it ;) and the turbo ecu's sont come up often any place i can take the ecu to get checked repaird?i drove my vts today and my god does it feel slow :) good old 205 when the bloody thing works.

peter

Rite after a hell of alot of fault finding and changing bits and a giagantic headache i called an auto electrican he checked everything i had and then said yep the ECU's knackerd finaly got to the bottem of the problem (i hope) the ecu had been damaged due to worn/frayed conections to the injector plugs causing a short on the ecu.I have noticed this on a few gtis, well the other two ive had.It turns out he used to have a 205 then put an mi in it :( but aparently twisted the chasi (sp) going round a corner far to fast :) But new his way round the turbo engine like the back of his hand just waiting on a price now and hopefully get the ecu back today very :(

Edited by peter

max0

hope you get it sorted mate. i had a similar problem on a motor bike, no spark checked the entire loom pulled my hair out and turned out to be the plugs.

good luck gettin it up n running again

peter

thanks mate thort i was the only one :)

peter

Right i have the ecu waiting to go on but i realy realy dont want to damage it again should i just chuck it on and hope for the best?if it does go wrong its another 100quid or so what do you think?

Guest abmotorsport

We have seen on a number of occasions that water ingress to the TPS can cause non starts, missfires at revs etc Obviously to do with bridging the idle and full throttle signals to the ecu getting it well confused. Try another plugged in without actually fitting it and see.

peter

right ill try it now..........tryd that and no success it still turns over but wont start i realy am getting pissed off with it

Edited by peter

alex205mi16

duff crank sensor? with changing engines you do have the right flywheel so it picks up the crank position...

oo hold on, i`m thinking late plate 205's with motronic ignition and crank sensors.. does yours have a crank sensor on the gearbox?

peter

Yeah it does and its been checked and replaced along with just about evrything else....And yes it has the mi16 fly wheel and it as running fine then started missing badly then cut out and hasn't started since

im totaly confused not had any problems like this before.

Could it possibly be the altenater wiring that is wrong there for not enough current to generate a spark? but it was running fine so i dout it.

alex205mi16

ITS AN OPTION oops..

i have see the alternator cause dying and crap running on a std 1.9 before

Sign in to follow this