• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maturin23

Coolant Hose For Mi16

maturin23

Follwoing on from my post last week I ordered part no 135159 on Wednesday - the short kinked hose leading from the gearbox end of the metal pipe fixed to the back of the cylinder head to the back of the thermostat housing.

Was originally told next day, then Monday, and now 26th Feb.

Obviously I can't use the car 'til then for the sake of a £5 part - does anyone have any suggestions for moving things along? The dealership (Winchmore Hill, N London) said call Peugeot Customer Service direct.

Failing that - does anyone have a spare? :lol:

ANDYGON

ive got one sat next to me right now. (just dug it out)

pm if you want me to send it you, ill be able to do it today.

Ryan

I ordered one yesterday, was told it would be here Wednesday.

maturin23

Thanks guys - Andygon - you have PM!

Let me know if it comes Ryan - I was told a similar time scale initially.

I've called Pug CS too - been told to expect a call back in 2 working days..

cheers

Ian

Ryan

I'm not holding out much hope. I've ordered stuff from this particular dealer before. They always take my phone number so they can call if there will be a delay, but they never do, and let me drive all the way over there to pick stuff up that hasn't come in yet. :lol:

maturin23

Sounds very very familiar!!

Andy - huge thanks for putting one in the post.

What a great community we have here!

ANDYGON

no worries Ian, it gives a nice content feeling know that ive helped another mi stay on the road :lol:

it should be with you tomorrow with any luck.

Ryan

3 weeks is a bit excessive! I ordered an inlet hose from a gti16 which would have to be shipped over specially from france and it only took 8 days.

maturin23

Hopefully I'll get a definitive answer from Peugeot CS - I'll post their response when they get back to me...

Banjo

Just save messing around and do away with the metal pipe, its not really needed and its one less thing to go wrong.

Ben

Ryan

Surely without it there is no proper bypass for when the thermostat is closed and all the coolant will be forced through the heater matrix?

Miles

I never use this pipe either, More hoses = More leaks and it makes the engine bay messy, Without this the system works as the 8v so no differance

KRISKARRERA

That little pipe leaked on my engine but fortunately the leak was next to the jubilee clip so I just cut a bit off and it's been ok since. I'm surprised Pug still have it available, albeit abroad.

maturin23

Kris - that's what I did to mine a few months ago - it split again!

How would I get rid of the metal pipe part of the system? Does it not serve a purpose?

DrSeuss

I think you change the coolant housing on the back of the engine for an 8v one. Then blank it off at the thermostat end.

Ryan

"It's on back order, it'll be about a week". :o

It least they had the other bits I'd ordered so it wasn't a complete wasted trip.

Banjo

Its purpose originally was to heat up the coolant in the heater matrix using the exhaust manifold heat, but seeing as most mi's prob dont even have 2 stage thermostats in anymore theres not much point in keeping it..

Ben

Ryan
...but seeing as most mi's prob dont even have 2 stage thermostats in anymore...

Ben

Mine does. I wondered why it was so expensive compared to the 8v one.

maturin23

I may have to have a look at this - got my 8v engine sat there.

The car only gets used for the pleasure of driving it - so when it's icy cold it stays on the side of the road!

fiji bob
I think you change the coolant housing on the back of the engine for an 8v one. Then blank it off at the thermostat end.

miles sells thermostat housings with the pipe removed and the hole welded over if you want to get rid of the pipe

Banjo

Or use the rubber end cap from the bx which can probably be bought new.

Ben

Ryan

Finally got my hose today after weeks of waiting. :blink:

Apparently they aren't being made anymore though, hence why mine took ages to arrive as it was apparently one of only a few left and had to be delivered from a dealship somewhere in europe.

Still, thumbs up to the dealer for making the effort for a £5 part. It probably cost more than that in man-hours to find it.

Sign in to follow this