• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ross84

Starter Motor Probs

Guest Ross84

As above, ive got a problem with my starter motor sticking, ive taken it apart and greased the spindle which the teethed cog should move up and down on and also put a little penetrating oil on the spring of the plastic clamp inside. Basically tapping it with a hammer usually makes its start, as does the knocks and bumps of a reasonable journey but if the car fails to start on the first attempt then i can hear the starter motor whirring away quietly but not engaging and there is embarrassing scenes with the bonnet up. Is there anything I can do to get it going, im reluctant to spend £65 on a new one as an engine conversion is on the cards soon and the breakers didnt seem to have any similar models in (1360 8v carbed).

Any help appreciated as ive got the day off work today and im hoping to get it fixed.

j_turnell

Your solinoid is on its way out, just get a good 2nd hand one, any tu engine will do, so 106, saxo, ax, other base model 205 etc should share the same one.

Guest Ross84

Ok thanks for your help. I should be able to find one now :lol:

Sign in to follow this