• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Owain1602

Throttle Shaft Modification

Owain1602

hey, i want to run omex 100 on an otherwise totally standard 205 gti. my main problem apart from the trigger wheel situation is the tps. i want to use a tps and not the MAP sensor as im going to be running carbs in a while so its much easier for me later on. Anyway, currently i have a throttle position switch fitted which only recognises idle position and wide open throttle, the omex needs a proper TPS. the later 205s have a throttle position sensor but i dont believe it would work properly with the model of ECU i have. so what i was think of was fitting the Omex TPS on the outside of the throttle switch that is already there, so i wont have to mess about with the standard ECU's opperation. make a small opening in the casing of the throttle switch and weld an extention to the splindleshaft which can go in to my TPS for the omex, dont have a clue about how i will mount the other TPS but i know it will have to be solid as not to mess up my throttle and load positions.. Any reason why this shouldnt work? thanks guys.

M3Evo

Not sure if the standard spindle has the 6mm 'D' on it does it? (8mm diameter with a 2mm deep flat amchined on it)

If so then you're laughing as you should be able to unbolt the position switch, make up a little plate to hold a proper TPS and then attach the TPS to the TB :)

Probably massively over-simplified, but it works in my head ;)

Edited by M3Evo

Owain1602

but i still need the old throttle switch which is currently fitted so i can still run the standard ECU without any hassle. omex 100 only does ignition managment. any of you see any problems i might get? or anyone running omex 100 coupled with a standard ecu? probably not, all the sane people would go to carbs straight off.

M3Evo

Aah yes, see what you mean.

How about making up a spindle extender to go through the OMEX throttle pot and then into the original switch.

Should work with a TPS like this:

misc_throttle_pot.jpg

as the spindle can go all the way through.

Owain1602

ah yes, that sound good. would it be ok to do it the other way around? have the original switch on the inside and the omex tps on the outside, or is there not any difference? also, is that a braket that could be used with a 205 or is it for something else? could i buy one from somewhere ready made as i know it will need to be rock solid and slightly adjustable.

M3Evo

Guess you could do it the other way if you made a hole in the outer casing of the switch. Might let the elements in over time though :lol:

The piccy's just the first thing I came across with the right TPS, looks like the bracket is to make it fit a Jag of some description.

Sign in to follow this