• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-hysteria

Respray

gti-hysteria

does any1 know how much it would cost 2 spray the outside of my car?? i just want it a nice white, and bare in mind it doesnt have a roof? thanx.

jamie_st200

you get what you pay for... £700 and up, anything less and its going to be a rush job.. depends what you want, some people are happy with a £400 blow over.. i wouldnt be. As you say you have no roof and your rear quaters are half the size so you may save £150

i was just about to say i know someone who does it on the side.. and unlike normal he isnt 150 miles way.. hes in rochester..

some of his jobs are the best ive seen for budget money... but as i said you get what you pay for..

j.

allanallen

take it to your local college with a bodyshop, if you dare to leave it in there scally hands they will do a s*it hot job for 200ish quid!!!

you get what you pay for but you will be suprised, they dont teach people to paint badly do they?!

timmsy19
take it to your local college with a bodyshop, if you dare to leave it in there scally hands they will do a s*it hot job for 200ish quid!!!

you get what you pay for but you will be suprised, they dont teach people to paint badly do they?!

this is true. good idea mite have to take mine down to the local college

allanallen
this is true. good idea mite have to take mine down to the local college

thats were mines goin, i can deal with one or two runs.

think there is a small waitin list bout 2 or 3 weeks, come to think of it... thats not bad

mike parsons

As other's have already said, you pays your money and takes your choice.

I actually work for a spraybooth manufacturer and installer and through my job see countless body and spray shops every month.

If you want a cheap job with the bodykit left on, masked up etc, then £300 to £400 is about right. For a full respray with everything removed, shuts sprayed etc, then I'd budget on £1000.

If your interested, I could take a look through our site installation records and find some bodyshops in your vacinity.

Mike P.

ashlee205gti

Going back 4-5 years i payed £100. :P Bearing in mind i did all the hard work, i prepped the car panel by panel, removing stone chips and dents etc and removing all the glass, lights and trim. I also had the car painted in a flat colour rather then a metallic which is cheaper still. They even let me have the remainder of the paint so i could get it mixed up and blow over underside of the bonnet and the sills.

The quality.....i couldn't fault it, there were no drips, it didnt look like 'orange peel' and it had a good shine. It lasted up until the car was scrapped.

Like everyones said, you pay the price its up to you. Personally i choose to prepare and strip the car myself and let someone blow it over for a stupid price. Infact this is what im doing to the R5 at the moment. At the end of the day is there any point in paying the best part of a £1000 on an old car, is it going to add the same amount to the value? I would say not. :P

EnglishRob

I've had quotes of around £800 for a full respray or about £200 for bonet & tailgate. I know the quality is good too, they did my old white 1.9 after it suffered a front end smash, looked like new!

Rob

e30m3

I've got a mate who spays cars and is very good. Based near tunbridge wells in kent. If you want his number let be know.

Sign in to follow this