• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

How To Remove A 2 Piece Exhaust System

GLPoomobile

I want to put my old group N and nearly new Arvin downpipe on to my 1.6.

Now, I friggin hate removing and fitting exhausts at the best of times, but what makes it worse is that when I had a wee squint under the 1.6 I realised it had a 2 piece system. Having never seen these before I didn't realise they went from the manifold right back to the backbox.

Can anyone who has removed one tell me how the hell I'm going to get it off cos I don't think my trolley jack is going to get the front end up high enough to drop the downpipe out from underneath :wacko: Looks like a job that would need the car to be up on a lift.

I really don't want to have to get the hacksaw out. Apart from being a pig of a job, the pipe is fairly new and if a genuine Pug part it would be a shame to waste.

Fuqa

just undo the downpipe to manifold bolts, jack the car up a little bit and you can manipulate the exhaust out. not as hard as you think

DrSeuss

its well easy, i take exhausts off as whole systems anyway. Jack it up, put the jack under the downpipe then just rotate it at the back box until it all just slides out sideways.

Its quite reminiscent of removing a fish hook.

Edited by DrSeuss

Sign in to follow this