• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

More Bhp

mrblonde

hey,what can i do to get more bhp out of my standard 1.9??...i mean like to get 10bhp and 20 bhp and so on.without going to extremes.i have already got a 4 branch exhaust manifold,not like that will do much.

hengti

difficult to improve on

exhausts don't work; neither do filters or boost valves

magnex manifold gives you a noticeable bit more torque

otherwise, it's on to cams and heads = expensive

mrblonde

yeah i cant see air filters,exhausts doing much really.just giving a little different sound prob.anyone got prof in the pudding that air filters and full exhasut systems do???.

RobMGti

Attempt to pick up some cheap carbs off ebay and then stick a catcam in. To get 20bhp out of an 8v without carbs or TB's you have to do some serious work.

As an example my track car was rr's recently at 122bhp at the wheels. This (using Puma racings calculations) is approx 145-147bhp at the fly. Thats an increase of around about 20bhp from a standard XU9JA engine. Im not running Carbs or throttle bodies. Spec is:

Fully rebuilt engine (inc new pistons)

HiFlows stage 3 head with Piper 270cam (virtually no different to standard)

Ram Air Kit

Englarged Throttle Body

Ported Manifold

Full Powerflow exhaust inc downpipe (copy of group N system, same bore)

I think ive been fairly lucky with those results as really i think most people would only expect say about 140bhp or so without moving to a more lairy cam, i did run a 285 for a time but found the idle was unsuable on the road.

Without the use of Carbs or TB's your fighting a losing battle.

PumaRacing
hey,what can i do to get more bhp out of my standard 1.9??...i mean like to get 10bhp and 20 bhp and so on.without going to extremes.i have already got a 4 branch exhaust manifold,not like that will do much.

You could read my website for a start.

www.pumaracing.co.uk

Sign in to follow this