• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bobs205

Diff Teeth

bobs205

I've got a gearbox that came with a engine i brought and don't no weather it's a 1.6 or 1.9 i have counted the teeth on the diff and it's got 64ish teeth i also have a 1.9 and that has 58ish teeth so does that make the 64ish teeth one a 1.6???????

SimonJ

There are 65 (/16) on the 1.6 from memory. CWP not diff.

ablister

there are numbers on the diff eg 15x59. If you divide the big number by the smaller number, this will give you the final drive ratio and tell you what final drive/gearbox it is:

Mi: 4.42

1.6: 4.063

1.9: 3.689

Guest abmotorsport

1.6 gearbox is 16 x 65

1.9 gearbox is 16 x 59

Mi16 gearbox has 14 x 62

The list goes on.... when wanting to select the best ratio go to the quaife website www.quaife.co.uk and select the gear speed download. If you fill in the relevant sections and play with the final drive settings you can find the best option for what you want to do. i.e track, hillclimbs, sprints etc. Gives you in gear speeds and top speeds.

The haynes gearbox manual is a fantastic resource for peugeots final drive ratio's and what cars they came from.

bobs205

So it look's like i've got a 1.6 then :)

Sign in to follow this