• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Fan Blower/heater

timmsy19

well today i went and got myself the fan motor and the rheosat(how ever thay are said) and still i have now blow from my fans. could it just be i picked up a few dud units or is there something else going to be wrong with it. like wiring or something

ive checked fuses no luck ive checked the ubove and no luck. it heats up but takes its time its on full power but feels like its on 1. ive also checked the switches and i dont think it sould be them either.

ive done a search and they just discribe the above.

any other ideas???????

Redtop

Try wiggling the switch connector under passenger footwell and the actual turn knob on the dash. Mine wasn't working today and thats all i did to fix it. It's just a bad connetion. Happened my mate 1.9 as well, and thats how i know. Hope that helps ya.

timmsy19

well ive unpluged everything given it a wigle and taken off the pannel of switches to see if they were the cause but no luck ;):blink:

Redtop

I don't know the history of the car or seen it but i'll try and help you out. Consider if anything was done to the car was worked on and if it stopped working straight after that? Try testing with a multimeter if there is power actually going to consumer, check if there is any corroded plugs or earths at the consumer. If there is power going to it and there is a good earth with no corosion then it is probably a faulty unit. Check the fuses as well with the multimeter, incase it is dodgy. A haynes manual would be good so you could see where thwe earth for the fan blower is located. Hope this helps you out a bit

Richard

pug_ham

If you've had the dash apart did you seperate the variable speed board & loose the small brass clip that bridges the tracks on the board?

Graham.

timmsy19

Just an update again.

today i had multimeter out and checked both blower units and resister units..........they both work.

checked all the wiring to see if there is power runing from switch to fan and that a yes there is. so it comes down to the switchboard maybe.

Ive checked to see if all the wires on the board are working but putting them to an earth point on the car and 1,2,3 work but 4 and 5 dont i think these are for the higher power blow. However the wires from the back to the blower work on all 5 so is it mabe that the switchboard isnt earthed??????? :):D

im all out of ideas and its really startin to piss me off. by the time ive fixed it it will be summer and will have now function then.

hope somebody can help abit more.

Sign in to follow this