• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnrobertgordon

205 1.6 Lx Auto Specs?

johnrobertgordon

I have just been given a 12,000 mile (yep given!!!! :( ) J reg 205 1.6 LX Auto. The engine looks the same as my gti engine but with a big webber carb plonked in the middle.

My question is are there any differences to the engine, ie cam valve size ect ect. Also would the hubs and driveshafts be the same as my GTI.

Guess whos going to have an auto bonnet on their road rally car.

Any of you oldies fancy an auto box for your GTI's :)

johnrobertgordon

25 views and no reply's? surley one of you must know if the driveshafts and hubs are the same?

boombang

Simplest way may be to see if it runs Gti style wishbones or the basic control arm things - if Gti style wishbones then the shafts and hubs most likely the same!

DaveW

ah damm there was a thing about this a while back i cant remember if the engine can be used or not....

Miles

These should run a small valve XU engine producing a mere 90 ish bhp with different inlet ports due to no injection, Hub's and shafts should be as a billy basic 205 along with solid Disc's

johnrobertgordon
These should run a small valve XU engine producing a mere 90 ish bhp with different inlet ports due to no injection, Hub's and shafts should be as a billy basic 205 along with solid Disc's

Yep, its got billy bog wishbones and solid disks. Could i not use the hubs and drive shafts on me 1.6 gti, i just need a quick fix as i have a rally next weekend and hardly any money left. :)

Edited by johnrobertgordon

johnrobertgordon

thanks for re naming the thread, started feeling like a bit of a gimp with it having that non descriptive title

johnrobertgordon

Will the hubs from the auto go onto my 1.6 wishbones without causing any problems like adverce camber ect. Will my vented disks fit on said hubs. Will i also be able to use the driveshafts from the auto. Please help me.................i'm impatient

KRISKARRERA

Wasn't the 205 auto carb an 80bhp engine? I know that in the 309 and 405 it was 92bhp.

johno_78

from what i remember of the auto my missus used to have, it is an xu5j engine with single carb which produces 80 bhp. i believe it is the same spec running gear as the 1.6gti so the driveshafts and hubs are the same.

hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this