• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Livelee

16" Alloy Wheels

Livelee

I'm after some for my 309 GTi. Could people tell me what offset I need and how wide I can go?

Cheers

Dan

sonofsam
I'm after some for my 309 GTi. Could people tell me what offset I need and how wide I can go?

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan,The correct offset (or ET) for 205,s and 309,s is 18, I would guess the widest you could go with standard arches would be 16" x 8J.

But then again if you change the offset to 0 or a negative value,eg - 10,they will stick out further i think,not to sure myself,hope this helps a bit :)

What Rims you looking at ?

Sam.

Jonmurgie

I always use http://www.rimstock.co.uk for any alloy wheel fitments... very handy for checking what other make of wheels will fit etc. :)

d-9

Is yours a 5 door or a 3 door? I had issues putting 195/50/15 on a 5 door but they fit fine on a 3 door. Ive seen 309s with 215s on the front and 205s on the back, but couldnt say wether they rubbed or not.

Mongo
Is yours a 5 door or a 3 door? I had issues putting 195/50/15 on a 5 door but they fit fine on a 3 door. Ive seen 309s with 215s on the front and 205s on the back, but couldnt say wether they rubbed or not.

205 wide fitted on the back of my 3 door 309, very close to rubbing the trailing arm though, which is why i would imagine 210's wouldnt fit without spacers (then youd have em hitting off the arch)

Ahl

Its worth pointing out that the actual offset of the 205/309 1.9 gtis is ET 19 or so I believe.

ET18 will work just fine though, shouldn't notice much difference.

Livelee

Perfect advice as always thanks guys.

Livelee

I'm looking at some wheels that have 215/40/r16 tyres on them. I'll be removing the tyres as I can get some 16" slick tyres very cheap. However I think the slicks are 195mm wide (they came off a standard scooby rim)

So my qustion (that needs answering in the next 2 hours :) ) is will the tyres I have access to fit on those wheels?

Many Thanks

Dan

Oh my car is a 3 door GTi

tom_m
I'm looking at some wheels that have 215/40/r16 tyres on them. I'll be removing the tyres as I can get some 16" slick tyres very cheap. However I think the slicks are 195mm wide (they came off a standard scooby rim)

So my qustion (that needs answering in the next 2 hours :blush: ) is will the tyres I have access to fit on those wheels?

Many Thanks

Dan

Oh my car is a 3 door GTi

not sure if it helps at all but 215/40/16 tyres on a 7.5J rim went on my old 205 fine

oh and are you keeping the tyres you're removing? if not what make/condition are the they, I need some new tyres form my 16s :P

sonofsam
Its worth pointing out that the actual offset of the 205/309 1.9 gtis is ET 19 or so I believe.

ET18 will work just fine though, shouldn't notice much difference.

Ar whats a mm between friends :( ,cheers for correcting , Im aloud to join the gang now i've sold my 17" and bought some 16" ,s :blush::D:P

Livelee

Didnt win the auction. Currently looking at some 206 gti wheels. Will these fit over 307 HDi brakes and if so anybody know how much the wheels weigh?

Mongo
Didnt win the auction. Currently looking at some 206 gti wheels. Will these fit over 307 HDi brakes and if so anybody know how much the wheels weigh?

15"'s or 16"'s? I think both fit over the brakes the 16" nimrods definetley do.

However you will need at least 10mm spacers to bring them to the correct offset as they are ET28. Hubcentric spacers with locating lip will really be required as well for the front if you do not want to feel wobble through the steering wheel so they centre properly.

sonofsam
15"'s or 16"'s? I think both fit over the brakes the 16" nimrods definetley do.

However you will need at least 10mm spacers to bring them to the correct offset as they are ET28. Hubcentric spacers with locating lip will really be required as well for the front if you do not want to feel wobble through the steering wheel so they centre properly.

Unless you get some Ouragans of a 406 ,they have an offset of 20,no spacers required :blush:

Sign in to follow this