• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Mi16 Wiring Problem

M@tt

at the weekend myself and graham(well graham mainly :), oh and paintguy) had a major crack at the wiring on my mi16 and i think we've got most of it sorted.

However we seem to have a weird problem in that when continuity testing the wires we found that there was continuity between the permanent live (Wire 1) out of the fusebox to the igniton barrel and the starter motor wire (wire 46) going out back into the fuse box from the fuse box and then out again to the starter when the wires were still seperate so wireing them up to the ignition barrel made no difference at all.

we tested the barrel (as its a 206 one) and the there is continuity across it from one of the 2 power in put to one of the three outputs when you turn it to crank position, which obvioulsy makes sense as you would expect it to complete the circuit allowing current to flow from the permanent in and then out of the cranaking out wire to the starter motor.

i wonder if anyone who's got easy access to their fuse box could check whether this is the same for them cos maybe i'm missing something here, but its got me really stumped co i'm a bit afraid to connect up the battery cos it will just continually crank over.

cheers

Matt

M@tt

bttt

any ideas anyone?

pug_ham

M@tt, do you know how the ignition barrel is wired on the 206? I was talking with someone last week & we thought maybe it goes to a seperate ecu / immobiliser system which the starter feed is controlled from there by.

Just a thought as the 206's are more of a multiplex wiring afaik.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this