• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
simon205Mi16

Heater Not Working !

simon205Mi16

It doesn't bother me too much but its just one of those annoying things that bug me.

And the fiance will be using my car soon to get to and from work.

The heater still works and blows out some air even though a little squeky :D

But the air is cold evn thought the control is right up :o

Any ideas ??????????

pugrallye

replace the heater matrix, cost about thirty quid, and probably take about half a sat if you've never done one before, assuming of course you arent losing engine coolant!

Edited by pugrallye

pug_ham

Check your water level, don't rely on the low water coolant sensor as they hardly ever work.

If you dont have wet footwells (heater matrix is probably leaking) & the water is topped up, look under the dash in the drivers footwell & you can just see the two pipes running to the heater matrix, see if they are both getting hot after a drive.

If they are then it is possibly a blocked heater nmatrix where someone has used radweld or similar previously imo.

Graham.

GLPoomobile

I noticed a difference between my 1.9 and my 1.6, in that in the 1.9 anything above 1/8 on the temp control knob would result in very hot air, whereas on the 1.6 I get proper hot air at the max setting on the knob, warm air if turned back a bit, but then pretty much cold air for the remaining 3/4 of the knob. This makes me wonder if the actual control knob can become 'de-claibrated' if you know what I mean.

Sign in to follow this