• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alex205mi16

Anyone Know Much About 406 (xu) 2.0 Misfire

alex205mi16

Hi there, i have been donated a 406 GLX, 2.0 16v XU, looks very similar to the 206 gti engine, 130bhp.

Its misfiring when the car gets warm, i have put new plugs in the car. Its reading 71k on the clock, someone has wrapped electrical tape round the short stumpy plug leads, but i dont think thats the problem. I think its the magic black box on top of the cylinder head, which i guess encompasses the coilpack ignition amp etc all in one.

has anyone any experience of this engine and its running components.

I have done a wiggle test on all plugs etc, cleaned out air inlet. Its got new oil and filters... checked earths.. its pointing to me at the coil thing or maybe a lambda sensor, its missing between 2-3k, usually when pulling from junctions etc under load.

anyone shed any more lights or ideas? and anyone know where the lambda sensor is?

Super Josh

If it runs a coilpack i would suspect that. I've seen problems where they are fine until the warm up, then start firing on 3. turn off, let it cool down and off you go again.

Josh

alex205mi16

cheers josh.. i think i`ll try and find one in a scrappy and 'ahem' borrow a few parts

Anthony

Yeah, I'd go with it being a coilpack fault as well

Sign in to follow this