• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lordvader

What's That Round Ball Thing Near The Sunroof Handle ?

lordvader

Stupid question really, but what's that round ball type thingy near the sunroof handle ? Near the left/right light thingy ?

It doesn't seem to do anything !

Also, the left/right light thingy only seem to work intermittently (like my horn), what can I do to clear that up ?

jackherer

the round ball thing is the receiver for the central locking remote.

sounds like bad electrical connections in the map reading light, if you dismantle it you should be able to get it working reliably again by bending contacts as appropriate.

lordvader

!!!

My car has a central locking remote ?

I thought that was an option on later models ...

Are the electrical connections in the light housing ? Sounds fairly simple to futz around with.

jackherer

Ive only seen the central locking remote on '92> 205s but I dunno when it was introduced in Australia, or even what year your 205 is (?)

If you take the panel holding the map lights and round ball off (its only held on with a couple of screws and a small hidden nut) you can check to see if theres a circuit board behind the round ball with the IR receiver while your fixing the map light :D If you have got the central locking remote receiver and you want to get it working the easiest and cheapest way is to find a matching circuit board and remote in a scrapped peugeot or citroen.

Edited by jackherer

Ryan

Remote central locking was available on all the phase 2s AFAIK. I have it on my 1990H, although I don't have the fob for it but the sensor is there.

tom_m
Remote central locking was available on all the phase 2s AFAIK. I have it on my 1990H, although I don't have the fob for it but the sensor is there.

yup, my 91 phase 2 has it, but no key fob either; they pop up on ebay every now and again, but you have to make sure the fob comes with the reciever or vice versa since they are paired to each other or they won't work

collateral

So that's what it is! My J reg has one...and I don't have the fob...

What are they normally listed as on eBay? Will one from any 91ish era Pug work or what?

I'm definately interested in getting it working again.

nick

Do a search for "plip" on ebay.

I priced up the fob and receiver at Peugeot, they were £189 for the pair but he wasn't sure about availability.

Nick

nick

Hmmmm.... just had a look on ebay and there are quite a few infra red remote fobs going cheap.

There is also a bloke selling instructions on how to re-program the infra red key fobs to match your sensor for later models, 106, 206, 306 etc....

Surely the infra red technology is the same on the 205!!??

Does anyone think this would work?????

Nick

jackherer
There is also a bloke selling instructions on how to re-program the infra red key fobs to match your sensor for later models, 106, 206, 306 etc....

Surely the infra red technology is the same on the 205!!??

Does anyone think this would work?????

it really pisses me off when people dowload stuff off forums and sell it on ebay :ph34r:

I've got a set of instructions somewhere for reprograming the plips on citroen BXs and Im pretty sure it will be applicable to 205s (I've never had a 205 with RCL though so I dont know for sure). Unfortunately Im going back a few years so its gonna be on an old computer, I will try to hunt it out and post it at some point.

Super Josh

Maybe the guys off the BX forum have a copy of it? Soemone like Luke( Toddman ) seems to have alot of documentation on his computer.

Josh

nick

After a quick search on t'internet I have found the instructions for programming the fobs.

So, does anyone think a 106, 306, etc... fob will work?

I'm sure a scrappers would probably give the keys/fobs away, they must have millions!!

Nick

KRISKARRERA

I think on the older ones this reprogramming thing doesn't work.

Guest CB-Dave

the instructions are in the owners manual for the car (106, 206 etc) anyway iirc... surely they're selling copyrighted material then?!

Ryan
the instructions are in the owners manual for the car (106, 206 etc) anyway iirc... surely they're selling copyrighted material then?!

Since when has that stopped anyone on ebay? They probably advertised it as "RARE" too.

Sombody stole some pictures I posted on here and used them to sell 205 mudflaps on ebay. :)

Sign in to follow this