• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Air Intake For Mi16

Edd-XS

after fitting my morettes ive come up with a way of knocking out one of the passenger side lenses and using it as a direct cold air feed to the filter of when i get my Mi fitted. im left with an 80/85mm hole and would like to get some kind of duct in there to neaten it up and bit and smooth it out. any ideas where i can get one? also would someone be able to put up a decent pic of an Mi conversion in a 205 just so i can see where the filter sits for deffinate? i did do a search but couldnt find one, even though i know there are loads floating about...

Many thanks

Edd

DrSeuss

A funnel, some piping and loads of hot glue.

Aren't both lights needed on morettes for high/low beam?

Edd-XS

the lense patterns are the same so im going to use a dual filament bulb on one side, and, urm, not quite sure how oll wire the other side up yet! just to say my lamps arent morettesm there something else but they fit well and look fat so im not complaining! at the mo outside lenses are sidelights and dipped beam, inside lenses are full beam. can anyone tell me how the lighting system works? i thought it goes sidelights, sidelights and dipped beam, then dipped and full? or is it sidelights and full?

as the wise prophet craig david once said, 'can u fill me in?'

Edd

Paintguy

On dual filament (H4) bulbs, only one of them is used at a time - either dipped or main, otherwise they would overheat.

So:

Side lights

Side & Dipped

Side & Main.

Of course, there is dim dipped amongst that lot somewhere (sidelights selected, ignition on) where the dipped beam is illuminated at approximately 1/6 of full power, but it doesn't work on all cars, and is not a legal requirement, so don't worry too much about it.

Edd-XS

sweet thanks paintguy. shouldnt be too difficult to get wired up, may look a bit odd but who cares! i still havent found a big enough duct anywhere so think im gonna have to make one out of fibreglass. shame as i was trying to find a carbon fibre one!

Thanks

Edd

tom_m

if memory serves i've seen pics of something similar done using your lights and the cold air feed from a pipercross viper... worth checking out?

sonofsam

Edd here is the solution to your problem,will drop you an e-mail later to discuss the finer points ;)

Cold air feed

Sam.

PS.No Thumbs were hurt in the making of this spinning :o

DrSeuss

Sonofsam fancy making a few quid doing trumpets for bike tb's?

sonofsam
Sonofsam fancy making a few quid doing trumpets for bike tb's?

:D Dont see why not,Have to admit i got Keith to make those Intakes today as he's been spinning for 12 years or so,my polishing work though

My Boss was confirmed out all day ;) ,so spent a good hour and half making 4 of the above,thats were the problem lies am more than happy to do it..just may take a while,and the fact that i have to blatantly/sneeky walk of the premise's with.....we have camera's

It also states in my contract that i must not profit from any ...blah blah bla.

So yes pm me your spec and i'll see what i can do :(

Guest smokinslim
the lense patterns are the same so im going to use a dual filament bulb on one side, and, urm, not quite sure how oll wire the other side up yet! just to say my lamps arent morettesm there something else but they fit well and look fat so im not complaining! at the mo outside lenses are sidelights and dipped beam, inside lenses are full beam. can anyone tell me how the lighting system works? i thought it goes sidelights, sidelights and dipped beam, then dipped and full? or is it sidelights and full?

as the wise prophet craig david once said, 'can u fill me in?'

Edd

:( A mate bought a corsa (poor b*****d) a year or so back, had the same sorta light conversion. Whoever done it was a cheapskate tho, put the indicators behind the inner two lenses. Obviously this left jus two lenses for the headlights, the usual bulbs wired in the usual way - absolute wank without daylight. I guess it was because of the much smaller lens and reflector area.

As long as u got some decent spots as well tho should be ok, wouldn't recommend it without tho unless u stick to roads wit streetlights.

Rippthrough

sonofsam - can you do virtually any size trumpets? I quite like the look of those (although I think I'd prefer the angle change to be more gradual if possible?)

Edd-XS

I dont see why they would look s*it? The way i see what ive got, outter lenses do sidelight and dipped, inner lense does full beam. Standard lamps only use 1 bulb to do side and dipped so i dont see why the morette should be any different? I very much doubt the lense pattern would affect the beam that much as to cause dim lighting, and both lamps have the same lense pattern anyway! Dont know why i didnt realise it before to be honest! Im quite confident with electronics, like i keep saying at work, 'its only wires?!' (yes i have studied electronics, but not at a major level). Going to wait till the Mis fitted before i fit the lamps as there isnt much point otherwise, just need some nice white sidelights to match my 'other lamps' im fitting (god you guys will hate me for it!!)

Edd

Rippthrough
I dont see why they would look s*it? The way i see what ive got, outter lenses do sidelight and dipped, inner lense does full beam. Standard lamps only use 1 bulb to do side and dipped so i dont see why the morette should be any different? I very much doubt the lense pattern would affect the beam that much as to cause dim lighting, and both lamps have the same lense pattern anyway! Dont know why i didnt realise it before to be honest! Im quite confident with electronics, like i keep saying at work, 'its only wires?!' (yes i have studied electronics, but not at a major level). Going to wait till the Mis fitted before i fit the lamps as there isnt much point otherwise, just need some nice white sidelights to match my 'other lamps' im fitting (god you guys will hate me for it!!)

Edd

I don't like the sound of that. Does the name begin with an 'L' ?

Edd-XS

No, A...

See if you can guess!

Edd

Guest smokinslim

Don't get me wrong it looked the tits, u jus couldn't see feck all when it got dark. Sounds like u got it sussed tho, it'd be good ta see some pics when it's done.

sonofsam
sonofsam - can you do virtually any size trumpets? I quite like the look of those (although I think I'd prefer the angle change to be more gradual if possible?)

Well yes any height,diameter and wall thickness ca be obtained with the right Tooling .but no if we dont have the size's you want avaialble a steel chuck will have to be made.Alternately a wooden section tool can be made up rather cheaply but you compramise the overall finish of the trumpet really doing it that way.

Yes the angle change or as we call it the radius can be what ever you want,The Metal is easier to come by as i used centres already trepanned out from another job.

Most shapes can be made from the first Drafting Spin It down ,cut the Front of,and then put in on Backwards to polish.

Hey presto..a good spinner could easily knock out 60 - 70 of them a day

Sam.

Rippthrough

you just wanted an excuse to use those piccy's didn't you?

Sign in to follow this