• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EnglishRob

Wiper Motor Wiring

EnglishRob

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here with a problem I'm having wiring up a replacement rear wiper motor.

When I got my 205, the wiper motor was well and truely stuffed, it wouldn't move at all. My mate was breaking his old Phase 1 205 which had a working wiper motor, which I removed to fit in mine. This is where the problems start.

The replacement wiper motor (Phase 1 motor) has different wire colours to the original Phase 1.5 wiper motor. To make things worse, I haven't got a clue on what wire should go where.

I've found the following from looking at what is left over...

On my car there are two wires which were used on the wiring loom. One is yellow and marked 28R. The other is a brown wire marked 31A. I also have a spare earth connection which was used before.

On the wiper motor I have the following colour wires:

Blue, White, Grey and Black. The Black wire has another grey wire coming off it, which I believe is an earth wire but I'm not entirely sure.

There is also an relay with 5 pins on it.

I'm a bit confused to what wires I should be connecting to what pins on the relay, and also which wire connects to what on the yellow & brown wires.

Could anyone help?

Regards,

Rob

pug_ham

The brown wire should have a female spade end on & maybe a plastic cover which connects with a black wire going into the plug but the yellow wire is been removed from the plug which the old motor had & replacement hopefully also has to take it off the car.

wiper27mv.th.jpg

wiper10pq.th.jpg

Any more problems I'll try to help out.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this