• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest soogreen

Just Won These On E-bay For £1.40

Guest soogreen

Been looking at spax springs and i think these are -50mm, not -60mm as they don't do -60mm for a 1.9gti.

Have they been altered?

Are they defo spax and do they look ok to use on my standard front springs as the rear has been lowered by the previous owner.

I'm asking becouse i havent payed yet and will have tonight to decide what to do...much help needed..

cheers

steven

Jonmurgie

As already posted in your other thread (why start a new one?!) 50 or 60mm is far too low for a 205...

Guest soogreen
As already posted in your other thread (why start a new one?!) 50 or 60mm is far too low for a 205...

was trying to pm you jon do you agree they are 50mm??

was trying to pm you jon do you agree they are 50mm??

silly meforgot to post the item number lol :rolleyes::wacko:

Pugnut
I'm asking becouse i havent payed yet and will have tonight to decide what to do...much help needed..

cheers

steven

if you 'win' something on ebay you pay for it - simple!

sonofsam

Hate poeple that dont pay,gets my goat,,says in ad springs are -60mm,and will improve handling!!!!!!

cant really tell by looking at spring how much they will lower.....can you?

Guest soogreen
Hate poeple that dont pay,gets my goat,,says in ad springs are -60mm,and will improve handling!!!!!!

cant really tell by looking at spring how much they will lower.....can you?

i told him to remove my bid as they would be no good according to adivce i got on here but he said he had them on his standard springs and they were ok. Improving handling???

But if he's telling porkies he doesnt get payed.....FALSE INFO :rolleyes:

sonofsam
i told him to remove my bid as they would be no good according to adivce i got on here but he said he had them on his standard springs and they were ok. Improving handling???

But if he's telling porkies he doesnt get payed.....FALSE INFO :rolleyes:

having to remove a bid is more of a pain in the a#se than not being payed for an item.

He is telling porkies if hes telling he used them on his standard springs..he means SHOCKS as in shock absorbers,the leg that the spring sits in/on

-60 is too low IMO,it may look cool at times,but your handling will be ruined

Edited by sonofsam

Rippthrough

And you really should have asked before bidding. :rolleyes:

Guest soogreen
having to remove a bid is more of a pain in the a#se than not being payed for an item.

He is telling porkies if hes telling he used them on his standard springs..he means SHOCKS as in shock absorbers,the leg that the spring sits in/on

-60 is too low IMO,it may look cool at times,but your handling will be ruined

what i'm trying to say is spax don't make lowering springs for -60mm for a 205 gti, they make them for a normal 205 which is - 60 but they use the same spring with stock number for a gti and sell as -50mm

so do you think these are -50mm if so will they be OK on my standard shockers, i'm not bothered about handling as i have a gti-6 for that. I want my 205 to look the buisness, and as it has 195/45/15 tyres on my standard 1.9 alloys the gap betwen wheel and trim is huge.

:rolleyes:

Dream Weaver
i'm not bothered about handling as i have a gti-6 for that. I want my 205 to look the buisness, and as it has 195/45/15 tyres on my standard 1.9 alloys the gap betwen wheel and trim is huge.

This car is wasted on you my friend, sell it and buy a Corsa :rolleyes:

Ahl

Well you've answered all your own questions really, but why ask in the first place if you don't care how they perform? :rolleyes:

I'd buy them anyway as you can always sell them on and make £20 on them or so.

This car is wasted on you my friend, sell it and buy a Corsa :wacko:

Totally agree though. Most people would have the 205 for handling anyway...

Guest soogreen
This car is wasted on you my friend, sell it and buy a Corsa :rolleyes:

DREAM on WEAVER

mfield

These spring's will work a treat mate, ignore these fools and fit them and don't look back. I did to mine and can now take any corner at 90mph + you should try it .

SamGTi
These spring's will work a treat mate, ignore these fools and fit them and don't look back. I did to mine and can now take any corner at 90mph + you should try it .

:rolleyes::wacko::(

DaveW

just have em for £1 f***ing 40!

veloce200

Yeah the ever critical "arch gap" - its become a new obsession :) ! I;ve spoken to people who've fitted 19" rims on a corsa and then they wonder why it rubs the arches. They want uprated - higher springs !!! I can't see personally whats cool about having a car that has no arch gap but is fundementally dangerous as it's handling balance is ruined.

Guest soogreen

well i have decided they are going on, vext about the postage costs though, :):ph34r:

vikgti

I have 50mm springs with shortened shocks and the handleing is scary!

You have big problem with bump steer, i'm going back to 35mm springs then you can drive the thing harder!

Jonmurgie
well i have decided they are going on, vext about the postage costs though, :ph34r::)

Well then your an idiot... you asked the questions on here and we've given you the answers, yet you decide to ignore the adivce you asked for and going to fit them anyway?! :)

stupid...

christopher

Come on guys give the chap a break. :)

A forum is a discussion. One is totally entitled to listen to all the advice given and then make their own decison based on all the information that is given. Nobody is a god here :)

We learn by our own mistakes...some more then others :ph34r:

Col

yes but on this forum if its not bilstien sprintlines you are gay :blink:

TT205

I love my 'gay' Leda's :blink:

Guest soogreen
Well then your an idiot... you asked the questions on here and we've given you the answers, yet you decide to ignore the adivce you asked for and going to fit them anyway?! :blink:

stupid...

Jonmurgie STUPID?????

ive just read the full thread and against putting these springs is YOU, SONOFSAM and VIKGTI.......

3 people said don't do it out of how many views????? 100's

MFIELD said they work a treat, is he telling porkies along with the seller?????

so far its 3 to 2 against putting them on and with my vote it makes it 3-3 so who is the stupid 1??

Unless you are the GOD of 205's i have your answer nowjust :blush: and let people have there vote please

cheers

steven :D

sherly
MFIELD said they work a treat, is he telling porkies along with the seller?????

Was he not taking the piss? :blink:

Guest soogreen
Was he not taking the piss? :blink:

thats what i want to find out thickhead..... :blush: