• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maxi

309 Gti16 Exhaust Manifold, Info Pics Required

maxi

Right, I think my exhaust manifold is going to hold back the performance of my engine after reading a few posts about them being tits out at around 190BHP. Gti6 manifold would be 1st choice but due to stud patern being completely different and the ports not lining up at all thats out the window.

Next in line would be the GTi16 manifold. Designed to work with an XU9J4 so will bolt straight on. few questions though....

1. Has anyone attempted to fit one in a RHD 205 before or am I the guinea pig??

2. Are the pipes all equal lengths??

3. does anyone have anypics of the manifold??

Maxi

Just found this:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/doughs...e/manifolds.jpg

One on the far right is GTi6 and the left a Brand new GTi16 from a 309(manifold in question)

Maxi

Edited by maxi

Jonmurgie

I had a look at one of these while I was fitting my Mi (thanks to Rob) and withough going to a pedal box I really don't see there being room... try a search as I posted a pic of it a while back

maxi

I had a go at searching jon, but as usual, the function was about as much help as a chocolate tea pot!

Maxi

Simes

Is this what you mean?

Peugeot_Teile_538.jpg

Doughboy and blackscooby I think have had attempts to fit this.

Edited by Simes

Rob Thomson

I bought the one from Doughboy, and then sold it on to Black_Mi16 in Norway. Jon tried it in his 205; it certainly conflicts with the RHD servo and possibly the steering column too.

My 'For Sale' thread did have pics, but it's not in my list of Topics so feck knows what's happened to that.

Oh yeah, Doughboy bought it from blackscooby. It's been around a bit!

B1ack_Mi16
I bought the one from Doughboy, and then sold it on to Black_Mi16 in Norway. Jon tried it in his 205; it certainly conflicts with the RHD servo and possibly the steering column too.

My 'For Sale' thread did have pics, but it's not in my list of Topics so feck knows what's happened to that.

Oh yeah, Doughboy bought it from blackscooby. It's been around a bit!

Some pictures:

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/205gtidrivers/manifold/

The one I got from Rob was full of weld inside the collector, especially one pipe was pretty bad, so need to have it smoothed out before I mount it I guess.

petert

The GTi6 manifold fits with the right spacer/angle plate, that doubles as a port matching adaptor.

maxi

Whats the general feeling on these manifolds?? Do people regard them as better flow/design for power?? All I have read is that the std mi16 manifold starts to become restrictive around 195BHP and as I am hoping for a genunie 200BHP I dont want something as little as this hold it back.

I would like to fit a GTi16 item just to be different, anyone got any pics of a trial fit with it touching the servo, etc??

Maxi

d-9

Andy kirk had a 309 which came with one of these on, It had ad pedal box fitted to give it clearance.

You thought about a normal 4 branch?

cybernck

i've heard that ona a standard mi16 engine they give only a bhp or two and few nm's more.

jochem

Hi Maxi,

I've had the gti6 and 30916v mannifolds in my hands.

The only visible difference were the exhaust port holes and the length of th collector. The overal size seamed to be the same (without actual measuring).

The 30916v should be better as it restricts flow less than the 405 items.

It has equal length runners.

hth, jochem.

Rob Thomson

I always assumed the reason that Peugeot went to the trouble of developing such a complex manifold was that they knew the 309 would be used as a Gp.N rally car. Mods are very restricted, and you have to use a standard manifold.

The GTi-16 manifold may not make much difference on a standard engine, but it might well help on something more potent.

Revla

Hi Adam,

If my GTi-6 manifold doesn't work well, I want one of these!

Expensive new though... converting the euro's to £ it works out

at £784 ish from the price on that other post.... :blink:

maxi

Thanks for the replies guys!!! So has anyone wvwer fitted one into a 205 at all?? Even a LHD model??

Looking at the pics that Hilgie has posted I think it is possible!

Trev, after all the work Nick has gone to, that manifold has no choice but to work well!!!!

Anyone in the southern area got one of these manifolds they want to sell me or lend me for an hour or two while I mark up what needs modding...????

Maxi

maxi
Don't fancy getting a Maniflow manifold or Mile's version?

I was under the impression they were a small fortune...........

Maxi

petert
Thanks for the replies guys!!! So has anyone wvwer fitted one into a 205 at all?? Even a LHD model??

As I said earlier, I've got the GTi6 manifold mocked up on an XU9J4 head, in the car. It requires an angle plate to make the flange centralise in the tunnel, but it's all good. The angle plate is also thick enough to allow for the port mismatch.

d-9

When I last spoke to miles they were £320 or so, which agreed is a small fortune (especially as I just bought a 4 branch for my 106 for £170), but compared to the cost of a GTI-16 manifold and a peddle box, Id say thats pretty good value

DJ_ManuR6

Hi, I have one of thouse on my 205 mi16. Í took this way cause it needs no mods for exhoust clearance. I´ve add a very tight bottom engine mount.

Hope it helps. I have another one on my garage, I´ve found it on the scrappy. Its pretty expensive so you cant loose an opportunity like this.

Cheers

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7610/mi16v0029kr.jpg

Edited by cybernck

keith

i love it. engines in houses.

Swazy
i love it. engines in houses.

Wich exhaust manifold is in your opinion the best choice for the MI16-conversion into 205?

sorrentoaddict

that's all utter crap about the MI-16 manifold being restrictive.

the 309 gti16 one is there simply due to the better transient response

it delivers (also known as "torque" among people...), mainly due to the pulse-scavenging effects it's blessed with, and it helps the inherent midrange lethargy of the MI engine.

if you need stronger acceleration in the midrange, then it is worth using the 309 gti16 manifold. the MI-16 std. manifold does a better job of "squeezing" the individual 4 cylinders' exh.gasses one-at-a-time, which is usually better for high-rpm cylinder scavenging (and taking advantage of the 'fruits' of longer overlap and generally wilder cam timing).

If from some reason you MUST use the std. camshafts, then the 309 gti16 item is a blessing of sorts.

cheers

alex

Sign in to follow this