• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ablister

Are Be1 + Be3 Mi16 Final Drives The Same?

ablister

i need to know if the mi16 be1 final dirve the same as a be3 one. I got a mi16 gearbox yesterday (cheers steige) for the final drive and 5th gear to be put into a 1.6 box but the mi16 box is a be1 and the 1.6 is be3.

I've tried searching and found out that the 5th gears are the same but couldn't find anything about the final drives.

cheers, ali

JERAM

you should be ok, you want to put the gear cluster from the 1.6 into the mi box :rolleyes:

stronger casing, although you'll need to use the be1 gear change so maybee not worth the hasle :lol:

anyway if you have the two boxes you'll have all you need :(

give me a bell if you get stuck :wacko:

Edited by JERAM

ablister

thanks graeme. Stevie robbed the gear linkages from it anyway so don't think i can swap the casings but i knew that before i bought it so not bothered. One more question, do i need the mi seconadary shaft when swapping final drives or is it just a straight swap with the 1.6 pinion gear?

Miles

Yes the Crown wheels are the same from BE1, BE3 and BE4's, To swap the Final drive all you will need to change is the Crownwheel and the pinon shaft which again fits any BE box bar the 6 speed one

ablister

thanks miles.

Had another look at it today and it's a be3 box but it has a 16x59 final drive so it's a 1.9 box and not a mi16 one :blink:

steige
thanks miles.

Had another look at it today and it's a be3 box but it has a 16x59 final drive so it's a 1.9 box and not a mi16 one B)

Sorry about that Ali. If its no good to you take it back and i'll give you the cash back. The guy that sold it to me said it was an mi. Graeme thought it was too come to think of it, but he was going by the casing so maybe its a bit of a hybrid?

Sign in to follow this