• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest soogreen

Lowering 60mm On The Front

Guest soogreen

i'm in the process of getting some springs which make the car -60mm on the front. Will these be ok with the standard shocks????

What price should ibe looking to pay to get just the springs fitted, i payed £25 to get a new shocker fitted on my gti-6, will it be more or less??? any idea's?

cheers lads :rolleyes:

Jonmurgie

No, they will be too low for the standard shocks, and the car will handle like a bag of pooh, also you will put extra strain on other parts of the car... :wacko:

Try a search and you will find that the best amount to lower the 205 GTi is around 25-35mm :rolleyes:

Guest soogreen
No, they will be too low for the standard shocks, and the car will handle like a bag of pooh, also you will put extra strain on other parts of the car... :(

Try a search and you will find that the best amount to lower the 205 GTi is around 25-35mm :rolleyes:

:wacko: cheers jon

Foltan

yeah if you want to go lower than 40mm then you'll need to get shocks to go with them, or coilovers, but it looks great lowered 40! B)

iety2004

Thats what im doing tomorrow, to balance the car, cos it slammed on the back an standard on the front.

I ordered mine from Euro Car Parts, cos im a stinge and i can't afford a shock kit yet.

Why not do it urself, its dead easy, just have to have a couple of spanners, socket set, hammer and spring clamps.

cheers

gareth

Sign in to follow this