• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

Has Anybody Fitted A Semi-dished Wheel?

feb

I was wondering if anyone has fitted a semi-dished steering wheel could comment whether the indicator and wiper switches are still reachable?

Thanks,

Gentrix
I was wondering if anyone has fitted a semi-dished steering wheel could comment whether the indicator and wiper switches are still reachable?

Thanks,

Peugeot_205_440.jpg

Yes, I have.

And you are getting used to the feeling.

I can hardly reach the Stalkers with my Fingertips, but I think I often release one Hand to use them.

And my Hands are not that short at 186cm Bodylength.

But the best on dished Steering wheels, is the huge amount of Space you have for your Knees and you can switch the seat completly to the back and still reach the Steeringwheel without probs.

For tall people, it is just great in a 205, as the original Steering wheel leads to a crumbled back

andi

DaveW

cool wheel and what a gear lever! yeah i do that anyway use one hand to use the stalks rather than my fingertips.

Gentrix
cool wheel and what a gear lever! yeah i do that anyway use one hand to use the stalks rather than my fingertips.

you sound a bit sarcastic :ph34r: but maybe I´m wrong.

Meanwhile I regret, that I have shortened the Gearlever and installed an other and longer knob, because the combination of that and the quickshift makes it very harsh to shift. And as soon as I get my Hands on a good GTI Lever I´ll change that back to original.

BTW the gearknob was my first attempt to spin something from alloy. And the spinningmachine was nearly 40 years old :)

Henry Yorke

I have got a snap off steering wheel boss so I can get my legs under the wheel on my CTI!! I must be the longest here at 2m (6ft 6in)!! :)

Paintguy
I must be the longest here at 2m (6ft 6in)!! :)

Can you actually get into a normal tin-top 205? Or do you need to have the sunroof open? :ph34r:

Rob Thomson
I must be the longest here at 2m (6ft 6in)!! :)

That's fecking tiny. I'm 6'8" on a good day.

I've got a dished wheel (OMP Corsica) and it's great, really improves the driving position. I can just reach the stalks with my finger-tips but it's easier just to move your hand.

d-9

hahaha, i feel such a shortarse.

Can you get spacers for normal momo wheels? not a fan of the dished ones but want the wheel closer to me.

DaveW
:blush: Andi no really i do like the wheel its rally style :D the gear stick tho can you reach it easy :blink:

Dino
Peugeot_205_440.jpg

I like your dials (not that they are white but they look different to the GTi ones due to being recessed) Are they phase I dials??

Sam

I thought Phase 1 were the same, they look similar to XS/GT ones.

Gentrix
I thought Phase 1 were the same, they look similar to XS/GT ones.

Right, they are XS ones, but the XS has no Oil and Watertemp. diales. So this one got a modification.

And as the XS Dials are not backlightened, I got a very small, red CNC-Kathode Light in the upper original bulbplace.

On the white background, it looks nearly like a plasma Dial in the dark.

But next on the list is a 309GTI16 Dialcluster, with a 240 Km/h scale B)

@Dave - I can reach the Gearlever easily, but my Girlfriend (160cm) looks just funny behind this Steering-wheel. And if you pull the Seat too much forward, you get in trouble with the Gearknob, as there is not enough space to shift in 2´nd gear.

feb
Peugeot_205_440.jpg

Yes, I have.

And you are getting used to the feeling.

I can hardly reach the Stalkers with my Fingertips, but I think I often release one Hand to use them.

And my Hands are not that short at 186cm Bodylength.

But the best on dished Steering wheels, is the huge amount of Space you have for your Knees and you can switch the seat completly to the back and still reach the Steeringwheel without probs.

For tall people, it is just great in a 205, as the original Steering wheel leads to a crumbled back

andi

Andi, this looks more like a deep dished one (?)

The one i was refering to is http://www.ompracing.it/detail.html?productcode=WRC

Gentrix

B) sorry you are right - just saw "dished". It is 95mm dished, but maybe you will try it. I can highly recommend it.

by

Butler

Thanks,

You get used to it. Not a problem. The benefit of the improved driving ergonomics is worth while.

Sign in to follow this