• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quakes

Grip Problems

Guest Quakes

I have a 1.9 with the 1.6 box and i have to accelerate quite slowly to stop it spinning up i was expecting some from using the 1.6 box but it just seems too much. i was told by the garage that my shock absorbers were shot and thats what was causing it. i have good tread on my tyres allthough there no namers.

my first thing is to put some eagle f1's on and my last thing would be to invest in an lsd but my question really is could the problem be suspension related? i have just fitted new drop links and that hasnt changed anything

any help would be great

cheers Jono

pug_ham

Drop links will make no difference to the amount of grip your car develops.

Decent tyres would be the first thing to change but if your shocks are bouncy when you press on a corner you really should replace them also.

Running a 1.9 on a 1.6 box does make it very easy to spin the wheels, especially at this time of year. I have Bridgestone Re720's (& an LSD) & when trying to set off quickly it just spins straight through 1st & most of second if the road is damp at all. Much better in the dry but it will still spin. I'm getting a different gearbox soon with a longer 1st gear to try & compensate for this.

Graham.

hodgy

does it bounce when you set off if so shox need changing

Guest Quakes

yeah it does a bit i think ill get them replaced just for the hell of it :P plus get the f1's put on

cheers for your replies both

Jono :D

Sign in to follow this