• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quakes

Central Locking Retro Fitting

Guest Quakes

Hi there ive searched and searched but not found a topic that covers this i have fitted the 2 door solnoids from the H reg 205 to my F reg and the boot one they all had wires that clipped in and i was kinda thinking that would get it to work but it hasnt

the other posts talk of a control box under the steering wheel if the F reg one dosent have this box would it have the connector for me to put the control box from the H reg one in ? or is it a much bigger job?

or is it not a control box problem the central locking was working in the H reg prior to removal

any help would be great

Cheers Jono

Kenno
Hi there ive searched and searched but not found a topic that covers this i have fitted the 2 door solnoids from the H reg 205 to my F reg and the boot one they all had wires that clipped in and i was kinda thinking that would get it to work but it hasnt

the other posts talk of a control box under the steering wheel if the F reg one dosent have this box would it have the connector for me to put the control box from the H reg one in ? or is it a much bigger job?

or is it not a control box problem the central locking was working in the H reg prior to removal

any help would be great

Cheers Jono

I have been looking for the same so if anyone is out there that knows some tips on how to add central lockin it would be greatful.

Kev

timmsy19

ive also got some central locking on the way and would like to know if my base model(trio pluson H plate) will have the right thing i need

Super Josh

The problem that you will have is that the 'H' reg is a phase II car and it has the 'PLIP' Remote Central locking system, that's what the box under the steering column is for( it alos has the infra red sensor in the light in the roof ). Your Phase 1.5 won't need this control box. Are you saying that your car already had the correct connectors in the loom? If that's the case I suggest that you dig the Haynes manual out and start checking the C/L loom for power and ground etc.

Josh

Guest Quakes

it had the connectors in the doors and in the boot to plug the solonoids in but it dosent work :/ its a phase 1.5 im guessing ive missed something simple

Cheers Jono

Dino

If you have an alarm that has remote central locking you could fit after market motors and have them wired into the alarm negating the need to mess around with the Pug control box.

My control unit packed up some time ago along with some dodgy wiring and now Im having this rectified with the above solution :rolleyes:

Guest Quakes

i bought 2 five wire actuators from maplins ill fit those in and im having an alarm fitted in february so it should all work out ok :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this