• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vern

Goodwood Interior

vern

Have found a goodwood leather interior, and have a few querys about fitting to a 205.

I know the seats are wider and have to have brackets made to fit the 205. My main query is do the seats sit higher than a standard 205?, also does it matter if seats come from 3 or 5dr?.

Alastairh

Do a search mate, this question is covered weekly

vern

cheers for that alastair, I am well aware of how the search function, hence I know about widith and needing brackets, but I could not find the answers to my querys, so funnily enough I asked a question on a forum.

SPetrie

Vern, i've got them in mine and they sit at the same height. Not sure about 3 and 5 doors, but i'd imagine they're the same, with the exception of the seat frames, but if you are going to use brackets, you'll be using the frames from the 205 (the release handle needs to be bent out of the way). If it's a 3 door you can use the doorcards as well, but make sure you get the speaker grills as they're a different shape to 205's.

Stu

vern

Thanks for that stu a nice simple answer to a question.

vern

Frequentflyer

Hallo Vern,

A long shot this.

I am fitting 405 front seats to my 205 and am having plates made up, so that I can re-utilise the 205 sub-frames to provide the tipping mechanism - as the outer side bolt holes into the 405 seat are about half an inch further out that the 205's. I dont know if the 309 seats are the same measurement as the 405? However can provide a drawing if this will help.

My long shot - I am trying to find all black leather rear seats - any ideas?

Good luck

Roy

vern

Roy sorry do not know of any other leather seats for sale, try placing a wanted ad on the forum, you never know you might get lucky!.

As for the dimensions of the plate, that would be great it would give me an idea of the size of the plate to make before I get the seats.

Frequentflyer
Roy sorry do not know of any other leather seats for sale, try placing a wanted ad on the forum, you never know you might get lucky!.

As for the dimensions of the plate, that would be great it would give me an idea of the size of the plate to make before I get the seats.

Thanks for your response Vern,

Unfortunately, as I am only a recent joiner in this club/forum, there is some rule which prohibits me from placing a wanted ad until I have put in at least 30 "useful" posts - that will probably take me some months yet!

I will gladly fax you a copy of my scale drawing (inc main measurements) - if you have access to a fax machine and can give me a fax number. Alternatively I might be able - as I have a scanner, but never yet used it - to scan it into my computer and email it to you - if you can give me an email address.

Regards - Roy

SPetrie

You can get leather rear seats from a full leather 205gti, but most come with the fronts, and as vern say's with a 309 goodwood interior. 405 seats are the same width as 309 seats i think. You can use the unused mounting point in the floorpan, and use 309 subframes, but you have to weld in a nut (there's a thread somewhere covering this). Either way full leathers are nice!!! Stu

willwill

as mentioned but rarely done, you can put the 309 and 405 subframes into a 205 (have goodwoods in my 205 with the 309 subframes). Work perfectly and the spacing is perfect for clearing the handbrake and door bins. Some people with the plate mods have removed the handbrake cover or the door bins which looks messy....

does require minor welding on the two outer points but all points are basically waiting under the 205 carpet if you have a look - presumably subfloors used similar parts. you only need a captive nut on the front outer fixing in the hole and at the rear outer fixing minor welding and another captive nut. took about an hour both sides.

I'd rather have the original subframes straight into the 205 subfloor as it must be stronger than brackets in the event of a crash....? although not sure want a crash in a 205 to test this...

Frequentflyer
as mentioned but rarely done, you can put the 309 and 405 subframes into a 205 (have goodwoods in my 205 with the 309 subframes). Work perfectly and the spacing is perfect for clearing the handbrake and door bins. Some people with the plate mods have removed the handbrake cover or the door bins which looks messy....

does require minor welding on the two outer points but all points are basically waiting under the 205 carpet if you have a look - presumably subfloors used similar parts. you only need a captive nut on the front outer fixing in the hole and at the rear outer fixing minor welding and another captive nut. took about an hour both sides.

I'd rather have the original subframes straight into the 205 subfloor as it must be stronger than brackets in the event of a crash....? although not sure want a crash in a 205 to test this...

Hallo Willwill,

Interesting. I used the plate mod - as designed by Tidypug. It worked fine on the 405 seats if you swapped the driver and passenger seats, and I did not have any problem with either the handbrake cover or the door bins. As I am not into welding, I will just have to hope that I am not in an accident!

Cheers

Roy

jr4070

309 GOODWOOD LEATHERS... fitted and working fine. ;):D

But how? which method did you use, I here you ask..? :)

I basically used the 309 subframes with the forward outboard floor fixing points fitted with captive nuts.

(The captive nuts were just moved from the original 205 subframe mounting position).

The rear of the subframe outboard attatchment is originally a 90 deg bracket that can be removed and a reverse version manufactured to take the 309 frame attatchment point.

The metal I used was about 4 to 5 mm steel and it is stronger than the original, (it has to be because it is about 20mm away from the original point of the 205 fixing point).

My seats came without the plastic frame covers on the door bin sides so i took an angle grinder to the attatchment points. (THE FRONT ONE FOULED THE DOOR BIN IF THE SEAT WAS MOVED FORWARD).

All of this took about a day, including sourcing the metal for the attatchment brackets.

I took photos of the whole job if anyones really interested..

These seats are so much more ....solid than the 205 originals and they look the dogs..do da's B)

Sign in to follow this