• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveW

Tu3s With A Different Cam..

rally ax

Hmmm, funny you should mention bike t/b's, just heard from Bogg bros that my inlet manifold is ready

and will be getting sent out on Mon :D . I don't have time to get them all fitted up and re-mapped before

our first rally this coming weekend,but i'll keep you informed of the improvement (I hope :o ).

I'm hoping to be up from 134 @8000 to somewhere in the 140's :( .Who needs a 16v, just have fun with

an 8v even if it is only a 1360 ! GIANT KILL its fun :( Eh sandy309 ? I think you seem to work along the same line of thought ,no?

Rippthrough

They just seem to love abuse, nice little engine the TU's.

Alastairh
They just seem to love abuse, nice little engine the TU's.

Deffinatly. Although i haven't bothered tweaking the 106 xsi i drive daily, it get alot of abuse, and still goes as long as i service it, its fine.

*TOUCHES WOOD* I think i worked out tonight i've done 1500 miles in it in the last 10 days, and still doesn't cry. *TOUCHES WOOD*

i can't be arsked doing engine mods to the 106, im saving up for an mi :o

Rippthrough
Deffinatly. Although i haven't bothered tweaking the 106 xsi i drive daily, it get alot of abuse, and still goes as long as i service it, its fine.

*TOUCHES WOOD* I think i worked out tonight i've done 1500 miles in it in the last 10 days, and still doesn't cry. *TOUCHES WOOD*

i can't be arsked doing engine mods to the 106, im saving up for an mi :o

I couldn't believe mine still had good, clear honing marks on it after 115,000 miles!

mfield
Yes its all about the noise...MENTAL....like my mate mentioned as I overtook his 106 Gti in a tunnel at 7000rpm on 40's. Can you imagine what that sounded like?

Dave do you forget the Hatfield tunnel?

:o:D:(

Rippthrough
Dave do you forget the Hatfield tunnel?

:o:D:(

What you want there is a bike with TB's and 14,000rpm. Now that is :(

mfield
What you want there is a bike with TB's and 14,000rpm. Now that is :o

:D:(:(

The joys of life

Rippthrough
:wub::wub::wub:

The joys of life

Biggest thread hijack ever? :ph34r:

mfield
Biggest thread hijack ever? :ph34r:

PMSL :wub::wub::wub:

Rippthrough
PMSL :ph34r::wub::wub:

Quick, while no-ones looking, lets turn it into the longest thread the TU section has ever seen!

Muhahahha.

This should set us off, and is sort of relevent:

What sensors would be need/changed to use a megasquirt with a TU engine?

EDIT: Ok, then, let's not. I'll get my coat. :wub:

Edited by Rippthrough

DaveW

yes mark a mixture of tb's and 45's in the tunnel bouncing off the walls :ph34r: ooh i want to get some carbs now :wub:

hmm how about a TU5 on bike tb's/carbs.....

pugrallye

TU's are fantastic especailly on carbs :ph34r:

Rippthrough
yes mark a mixture of tb's and 45's in the tunnel bouncing off the walls :ph34r: ooh i want to get some carbs now :wub:

hmm how about a TU5 on bike tb's/carbs.....

That's my son's summer project, but we can't get our heads around Megasquirt yet!

Sandy
GIANT KILL its fun :wub: Eh sandy309 ? I think you seem to work along the same line of thought ,no?

Exactly, when the lighter engine helps give you the power to weight of many 16v cars. The 8v engine sounds better on bodies (FACT!) and you get better handling with less weight outside the wheelbase. :ph34r:

Sam
p.s. I can rev to 9200 but thats more down to engine than cam :ph34r:

Cool! When did you get the steel bottom end? Costly I bet.

My new engine should be built soon, not a 1360 though, how come you lot all stick to the 1360??

Not sure what RPM this video is but it sounds pretty nice. Carbs aren't quite the same sound but they still sound good. Video

Edited by Sam

timmsy19

My new engine should be built soon, not a 1360 though, how come you lot all stick to the 1360??

Not sure what RPM this video is but it sounds pretty nice. Carbs aren't quite the same sound but they still sound good. Video

what carbs is that running. sounds ausome. really want some. nedd the engine first tho.lol

Sam

I'm not running carbs in that video, its on throttle bodies now :ph34r: as in the avatar(t). That was before the map was tweaked by sandy too.

timmsy19
I'm not running carbs in that video, its on throttle bodies now :ph34r: as in the avatar(t). That was before the map was tweaked by sandy too.

nice. sounds amazing. wish i could get my beastie riged up like that. how much would somthing like that cost?

stu_woac

Video

this was just a one off on the rollers it was off the gti clocks and the dyno hock up read 9150

peak was down at 6800 tho but there was no drop off

Sam

You really shouldn't rev a standard engine that high, I'd be suprised if you had the same power at 8k as 6.2k where peak is. I'd say 7.5k max on the 1360 valve springs, they are pretty soft.

stu_woac

head is no where near standard bottom end is tho and I'm looking in to that for next built,, out on track like I have said it doesn't go passed 7200 due to risk on the bottom end and no more real gain

on the vavle spring issue mine origanally bonced at 7k when car was standard

Edited by stu_woac

macaroni

How do you know when your valves aer bouncing? I take mine to 7000rpm daily!

Sandy

Dimples in the bonnet.

Guest smokinslim

To what extent? Anyone got any pics?

Sign in to follow this