• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Trigger Wheel ? Tdc Sensor ? For Emerald Set Up

pugpete1108

hi, the 8v engine i have rebuilt has got a tdc sensor ( i think that is what it is ) on th flywheel , and i am looking to go the bike tb route with emerald managment can i use this sensor as a trigger for the ecu as i wan tto run a wasted spark set up and do away with the standard dizzy

the engine in question is a late 1.9 gti 8v not sure exactly wht year j plate i think but not 100%

boombang

Check - If it runs Motronic is will have the sensor and will be useable with management

pug_ham

If its a standard 8v flywheel you won't be able to use it unless its from the late cat euipped cars.

If you mean the black sensor with a lead running up to the rocker cover thats not plugged in anywhere its no good & you'll need either a flywheel from a late 205 or Mi with the timing ring & CAS sensor.

Graham.

pugpete1108
If its a standard 8v flywheel you won't be able to use it unless its from teh late cat euipped cars.

If you mean the black sensor with a lead running up to the rocker cover thats not plugged in anywhere its no good & you'll need either a flywheel from a late 205 or Mi with the timing ring & CAS sensor.

Graham.

i think it would be the second one , bugger !!, what year 205 would i need then and does it have to be a gti??

Mattsav

As soon as I get some front pulleys then we will have crank triggers that bolt to the front of the engine.

pug_ham
what year 205 would i need then and does it have to be a gti??
Year is fairly open because they could be sold with the Motronic ecu & a cat with the correct flywheel from 1990 onwards iirc but any newer than J are possibilities. Has to be a 1.9 GTi though.

You might as well get an Mi16 flywheel as they are far more common & mattsav probably has some lightened & balanced for sale.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this