• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Weight Of 405 Mi's?

Jer309GTi

Would anyone have the weight of the 1.9 and 2.0 405 Mi16s? (whole car, not just engine), or know of anywhere I could find out? :huh:

Ahl

From www.carfolio.com, 1108kg vs 1180kg kerb weight. :huh:

Thats seems quite close, though you can't always believe what you read as stats differ depending where you read them.

Jer309GTi

Thanks mate. It's the same with 0-60 and bhp figures, every magazine seems to have it's own different figures.

EDIT- Just had a look at that carfolio site, I've been trying to find a site like that for ages :huh:

Edited by Jer309GTi

KRISKARRERA

Haynes and Pug list 1.9 405 Mi16 as 1110kgs. The car Autocar tested was 1146kg.

Click here: th_709c7_Performance.JPG

Pug brochure figures for 1.9 is 0-62(60)mph 8.6(8.2) seconds and Top speed 136.6 mph

Pug brochure figures for 2.0 is 0-62mph 9.8 seconds and Top speed 133 mph (Le Mans brochure from Miles)

But figure this out: Pug brochure figures for 306 S16 (1160kg) is 0-62mph 9.2 seconds! (All I can assume is the Le Mans figure above is the later 150bhp engine)

Edited by KRISKARRERA

cybernck

i heard that car manufacturers used to quote dry weight back then so in reality old cars are little heavier that quoted?

Anthony
i heard that car manufacturers used to quote dry weight back then so in reality old cars are little heavier that quoted?

Except that most old French cars tend to lighten with age as more and more bits fall off... <_<

Sign in to follow this