• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonD6B

How Much Fuel?

jonD6B

Hi all. How much fuel do people tend to carry on a track day? I was basically going to fill the tank and try and see the day out but after reading various threads on fuel surge and weights, I didn't know if people had their own opinions or whether it wasn't given much thought really. How much does a full tank of fuel weigh roughly? Also do most tracks have refueling facilities? (I've ever only driven Rockingham).

Edited by jonD6B

Anthony

If you're on track for the whole day, then go there with a full tank.

Most tracks I've been to don't have refuelling onsite, but there's usually a petrol station within a few miles - for more remote circuits though, it's worth checking where the nearest seller of SUL is!

pug_ham

I usually leave with a brimmed tank including drive there & home again.

I also tend to take a jerry can or two with spare fuel, depending on how far away the trackday is & which track it is.

Graham.

Jonmurgie

It all depends how much tracktime you do... you will find that when you get to around 1/4 of a tank it may induce fuel starvation on some long right handers.

Personally, I fill the car up to the brim and take a jerry can full of fuel as well and that's always surficed for a trackday.

The first trackday I did in the 205 almost 2 years ago now I filled up near the track thinking that would be enough but by mid afternoon I was scrounging a jerrycan of fuel off someone else!!

So basically, get yourself a jerry can and spout (essential to aid easy pouring!) so you don't miss out on any track time!

Sign in to follow this