• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Cracked Leather On My Half Leathers

timmsy19

anybody got any ideas on how i can get the cracked bits back to black and stop it cracking anymore.

i would just replace the passenger seat with the drivers but they are both like it :)

Thanks

Graham

DaveW

shoe polish?

Alastairh

Nothing really will make it un cracked, but general leather care will soften it.

But yeah shoe polish will darken the leather and not make worn areas as bad.

Alastair

timmsy19
shoe polish?

yer ive been told black shoe polish then leather wax over the top

sherly

http://www.liquidleather.com/

Scuff Master dye and the leather conditioner - works a treat!

The cracks will still be there but wont be as noticeable. Softening the leather will prevent the leather from splitting/cracking any further.

Paintguy

As a quick fix on mine, 'til I can get a pair of new seats, I ran a permanent black marker pen carefully in all the cracks to reduce their appearance, then worked plenty of black shoe polish into them.

Far from 100%, but they look tons better than before.

Edited by Paintguy

sorrentopocketrocket

I used the black shoe polish method and it definately takes the bad look of it. I was told to rub loads into it and cover it with a blanket until it dried in and then buff it off after a day or so. From then on i've been just using loads of Autoglym Leather care. They havent got any worse looking!!

Sign in to follow this