• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest doggydowg

Vts Engine Transplant Into A Peugeot 1.4 Quicksilver

Guest doggydowg

Hiya guys

posting on behalf of a friend who wants to carry out the above conversion, not sure if you guys will know but is the electrics for the above engines the same ie will just need to swap ecus?

i expect my mate will have to splice parts of the vts loom into the quicksilver loom, if so have you guys got any links to wiring giuds for vts engine conversions he could use?

Thanks Paul.

Dj_mini

You have to join the 16v loom to the old engine loom conector under the battery. Your also need the 16v ecu unlocked if it isnt already. Do a search on SAXOSPORTSCLUB.co.uk loads of info on there people are doing the conversion daily.

Hope that helps.

Alastairh

Also go onto www.peugeot-gti.net and ask for Jon Ambler.

Hes the man for these conversions.

Alastair

d-9

No-one give jon anymore work until hes finished my XSI.

Alastairh

Lol.

whats the story with it mate?

What you getting done?

Sorry off topic, but you seem to have your question answered for you.

Alastair

d-9

Jons putting a 106gti engine into a 106 xsi for me, basically I got pissed off with the stream of 205/309s that keep dieing on me, so i decided to get something more modern, economical and reliable. Unfortunatly its been 2 months now and im starting to get pissed off so im thinking about buying a CRX!

Miles

The GTi engine transplant is easy, Better engine than the XU too,

It's just the amount of varients of the loom which is the worst part

maxi
The GTi engine transplant is easy, Better engine than the XU too,

Couldnt agree more!!!

Maxi

Mattsav

VTS Into quicky is a peice of cake if you've the the single plug loom for the VTS.

I'm sure Charlie will shed some more light on this as he's done the conversion.

hodgy

i no its not wat ur wantin mate but if u have the older QUICKSILVER the older black top VTR engine is a straight swap, jus un plug the 2multi plugs plug the vtr ones in change ecu n its done. its really easy n that simple n dirt cheap n u will ave an extra 10bhp n more tunin potensal

d-9

Dont txt type or we'll f*** you up.

hodgy

depending on year of the quiky ya need to get sinilar age engine cos from 2000+ the ecu went from singlle plug to 3 plug

so a pre 2000 vts and a pree 2000 quiky are very easy and like wise with the 2000+ engine and car

engine loom from the vts/gti will plug directly into the multiplug found under the battery behind passenger side headlight

im not 100% certain but i think the lights need a little rewiring cos there slightly different but its nothing major or hard if so

id surgest going for a gti engine though cos the wiring on vts's are slighty different to the gti and may cause a few small problems but either way its pretty easy 2 day job and an extra 45bhp and loads more fun

upgrade them brakes for gods sake though cos the quiky ones aint good enough with the 1.4 engine init lol

(posted by leeds106 of the pgac :angry: )

back over to hodgy lol

Sign in to follow this